You probably use our services every single day - ever visited a website ending in a .uk?
We've been running the national internet namespace for a quarter of a century, sitting proudly at the heart of the UK's critical digital infrastructure.
Such a responsibility requires world-leading cyber security and we're gaining a reputation for our innovative new security solutions, protecting our own systems and beyond.
But we're also a Public Benefit business. We invest in making a positive impact of the lives that are being most disrupted in our digital age: young people. We're known as one of the UK's leading 'tech for good' funders and the commitment to building a connected, secure and inclusive digital future drives everything we do. It's not just rhetoric - ask our staff.
THE BEST BITS
With us, you can expect a competitive salary (depending on experience of course), plus excellent benefits including 30 days holidays, Healthcare, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance, Wellbeing allowance, Remote Working, Flex benefits and much much more.
ABOUT THE ROLE
We are looking for a multi-disciplined, skilled and self-motivated DevOps Engineer to join our Cyber Solutions team and help us deliver our Protective DNS solution. You will work closely with other engineers as part of a cross-functional scrum team. Within the team, you will be responsible for deployment of products into cloud environments as well as building binaries for distribution to customers so you'll need good skills developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines and ideally knowledge of build processes for Windows, macOS and/or Linux. Our customers require very high availability of our Protective DNS system and you'll use your knowledge of site reliability engineering to help ensure we meet this expectation. In return, we'll give you the opportunity to work with modern technologies, such as Kubernetes, in a cloud native environment to design and deliver a global infrastructure platform.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
* Work on deployment, management and maintenance of new cloud-based cyber security products.
* Support development of new product features.
* Deliver implementation of robust, maintainable, standards-compliant configuration and infrastructure in an agile working environment.
* Advise colleagues to ensure new products and features are deployed safely in a timely and effective manner.
* Investigating and engaging with new trends, technologies, and configurations.
* Advocate, educate and build consensus.
* Building relationships with other teams/key stakeholders and working in a cohesive, friendly and collaborative manner to deliver real value for customers.
WHO YOU ARE
* Excellent knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud solution.
* Excellent Linux administration skills (CentOS or RHEL are preferable).
* Good familiarity with Git and GitLab.
* Experience working with Terraform and Ansible.
* Good knowledge of Python and shell scripting with Bash.
* Experience of CI/CD using tools such as GitLab pipelines or Team City.
* Experience developing containerised workflows with Docker or equivalent tools.
* Experience with monitoring and alerting tools such as Zabbix.
* Superb interpersonal communication skills.
* Vision, drive and passion: someone who's prepared to get the job done, no matter what it takes and reap the rewards.
* Superb attention to detail.
* Experience working with container orchestration systems, ideally Kubernetes.
* Experience of monitoring tools such as Prometheus and Grafana.
* Experience implementing CI/CD pipelines for Windows, macOS and/or Linux software.
* Knowledge of administering RDBMSs such as PostgreSQL.
* Any background in networking and security.
* Knowledge of asymmetric cryptographic protocols and tools such as x.509 certificates, TLS and Public Key Infrastructure.
* Good understanding of the TCP/IP stack.
* Any knowledge of DNS, RPZ or BGP would be considered a huge plus for any potential candidate.