Up to £80k DOE + Bonus, 10% flexible benefits fund
Edinburgh (1/2 times per month post covid)
This key role will see you develop and enhance our capabilities in web application security and traffic management space. They'll look to you to develop the platform operating model towards DevOps aligned delivery, based on ways of working principles. With a broad spectrum of technology at your fingertips, you'll help to put them at the forefront of innovation by simplifying their services and creating the best experience possible.
The skills you'll need
Innovation and customer experience sit at the heart of this role, knowledge of relevant industry standard toolsets and processes to drive up customer service within an IT environment.
Also expect you to have advanced knowledge of network security technologies and it would be ideal if you have good experience around F5 web application security and content management technologies such as LTM, GTM and ASMs.
You'll also bring:
* Technical knowledge, including platform, technology, products and domains
* Advanced knowledge of web application architecture, distributed and denial of services attack and Layer -7 application attack
* Extensive experience supporting data, security and application support environments with experience in supporting web applications, web application firewalls, traffic distribution products and DDOS products
* An understanding of operational principles
* Excellent communication skills, with the ability to communicate complex technical concepts clearly to colleagues, including management level
* Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
* A solid background working in an Agile or DevOps environment with continuous delivery and continuous integration
What you'll do
You'll be delivering a robust production management service for relevant infrastructure platforms. You'll be directing the platforms' operational stability and performance of technology, including maintaining any systems utilities and tools provided by the platform that are consistent with the service management and risks and controls framework and processes.
Day-to-day, you'll be:
* Driving the team's activities to make sure that the platform integrity is maintained in line with technical roadmaps
* Encouraging innovation to develop a continual improving implementation approach at a deliverable pace, making sure that the priorities of stakeholders are delivered and support customer outcomes
* Planning and executing work within the platform and making sure that feature development requests from cross platform initiatives are responded to on time
* Articulating, championing and planning the frequent delivery of business value and customer enhanced experience, providing clear leadership to the teams to understand and focus on customer outcomes
* Seeking out opportunities to simplify the platform architecture, services and customer solutions, and guarding against introducing new complexities
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785 for more info.