Are you an AWS Devops engineer with a passion for science?
Are you an expert in Windows and Linux?
This is a hybrid role of in the office and WFH.
My client has over 30 years, who have expanded what's possible in the world of geological interpretation and they still love doing it. Guided by there people, we're proud of the role they play in bringing science and technology together, which is they continue to rewrite the rule book when it comes to seismic interpretation.
Used across the globe, our geological evaluation software complete with our integrated intelligence offering allows interpreters to combine their knowledge with the best possible picture for a more detailed understanding of the subsurface.
The position is based in the Newcastle office, with some flexibility to work remotely and occasional travel to London.
* Salary paying up to £45k p.a
* holidays, pension and bonus.
* Hybrid working in office and remote.
Role & Responsibilites;
* The Dev Ops Engineer will support the activities of the technical team by providing the necessary on-prem and cloud based build and test environments, tools and supporting services.
* Must have Experience of Windows and Linux.
* A successful track record in fast moving, on-prem, hybrid and cloud centric Dev Ops using agile methodologies.
* Will need enthusiasm, energy and an ability to engage consultatively with technical teams and other key stakeholders, is essential to deliver success in this role.
* Assist in the definition and implementation of the build and test execution environments.
* Configure appropriate cloud capabilities to support our strategic objectives.
* Provide data security assurance and technical support to maintain data integrity.
* Monitor and optimise the build and test systems to maximise performance.
* Maintain, debug and expand build capabilities on a day to day basis.
* Automate software build, test and deployment tasks.
* Liaise with external service providers to ensure any issues are resolved promptly.
* Implement the automation of system builds across multiple platforms.
* Maintain and enhance version control systems including cloud capabilities.
* Help developers optimise the build, test and release pipeline.
* Diagnose and resolve technical issues within development and production environments.
* Respond to technical escalations from the customer support desk
* Provide cover to the IT support desk as needed
Qualifications & Skills;
* Good level of educational attainment, demonstrating ability to learn new concepts and technologies.
* Certification or equivalent commercial experience with one or more public cloud vendors ideally AWS Architect level.
* Experience of Windows and Linux.
* Experience of dealing effectively with conflicting priorities and requirements.
* Track record of driving solutions that resulted in measurable productivity benefits.
* Experience of build/release/test pipelines and automation.
* Detailed understanding of source control systems such as Git or Mercurial.
* Strong knowledge of one or more scripting languages.
* Broad experience of hardware both server and desktop.
* Identify and implement improvements in quality or systems/processes.
* Enthusiasm for learning new technologies.
* Experience of working within an agile environment.
* This role liaises closely with the technical delivery team, Technical Architect and other key stakeholders.
If this role sounds like it could be for you or you would like to now more then please submit your CV to email@example.com or call me on 0203 808 7282.