Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the consumer fintech division of Goldman Sachs. We help millions of consumers by providing financial products such as loans, savings, credit cards, investments, and financial analysis tools. Our partnership with Apple to build the Apple Card resulted in one of the largest and most successful credit card launches ever.
Our team in Warsaw is a key contributor to a number of Marcus products including online savings and checking, investments, personal financial management, and credit cards. We use modern architecture principles and technology, a collaborative development process, and a continuous delivery approach. Key tenets that we apply when designing systems for our customers are: value, transparency, and simplicity. To achieve these, we rely heavily on automated, data driven decision processes using predictive analytics and machine learning. Our system architecture consists mainly of microservices built using Spring Boot, Vert.x, Kafka, and MongoDB.
As we build a leading digital consumer bank and expand into new products and partnerships, we welcome experienced engineers to join our team.
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
* You will develop financial products with direct impact on millions of consumers
* You build it: engineers are in control of decisions about systems they own from the first line of code written
* You run it: engineers with assistance from global SRE guild are responsible for operation of systems they built
* You own it: engineers do not wait for orders here. They do research, pitch projects. Great ideas are valued and implemented
* Professional network: you will meet and collaborate with very influential people within the global organization and the entire industry
* Every person is a first class member of the team irrespective of location. The same calibre of work is given to engineers located in US, Europe and Asia
* BSc or higher in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
* Solid knowledge of Java 8/11, JUnit
* Experience working with Restful web services
* Comfortable with Agile Operating Models
* Experience using Kafka as messaging middleware
* Familiarity with high-scale NoSQL solutions like MongoDB
* Expertise delivering SOA or microservices architecture
* Understanding of the principles of Continuous Delivery, DevOps and System Reliability Engineering
* Cloud infrastructure expertise, preferably AWS
* Experience in designing distributed systems
* Practical Test Driven Development
* High-scale performance optimizations
* Fintech experience will be a great asset