AWS DevOps Engineer
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
My client are one of the UK's leading cloud and secure managed hosting providers - supplying dedicated servers, private and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical, cybersecurity, and DevOps consulting services. They are looking for an AWS DevOps Engineer to drive them forward on their Public Cloud journey.
Reporting to the AWS Technical Director, your team will be critical to the success of their AWS evolution. Significant investment from leading private equity firm Inflexion is enabling them to rapidly advance their AWS offering, causing customer demand to soar. Although projects are diverse in length and scope, they are technically challenging, complex, and highly fulfilling.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to learn and progress quickly, collaborating with some of the most talented engineers in the Public Cloud/MSP industry.
As further pathways for AWS partnership levels are shaped, you will have access to new products, applications, and services to maximise your career potential in the Public Cloud space. This will be a highly rewarding opportunity for the successful candidate who will grow with UKFast on their unique transformational journey.
Role & Responsibilities
* Develop a broad knowledge of how applications and services are constructed using services within the AWS Ecosystem
* Build and deploy projects from customers using best practices and internally designed solutions
* Define implementation architectures and own the success of specific implementation projects
* Be a point of contact for support escalations within AWS
* Develop high quality, enterprise-scale IT systems or software projects
* Conduct thorough product testing for new technologies
Skills & Qualifications
* A proven track record of delivering and supporting production systems at scale with AWS
* Expertise in CI/CD automation; experience in AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and Code Pipeline is desirable
* Significant experience in AWS Cloud Architecture and Design
* A good understanding of application, server, network security, and compliance requirements
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work efficiently across internal and external organisations
* Good knowledge of Cloud VM and Server technologies, including service management across a hybrid-cloud environment
* Linux or Windows system administration, scripting, and automation skills
* Excellent troubleshooting skills
* Excellent documentation and reporting techniques
* Experience in writing Infrastructure as Code - Terraform preferred or CloudFormation
* Common DevOps tooling skills e.g. Ansible or Git
* Professional Experience with at least one popular programming language e.g. Python, NodeJS, or Java
* Experience with a wide range of AWS Services such as RDS, EC2, Elasticache, CloudFront, Autoscaling, or Lambda
* Experience with implementing and supporting containers in AWS on EKS and ECS
If this sounds like you please get in touch with Steven at Jefferson Frank to discuss further, this client is interviewing now.
020 3808 7281