This is an exciting opportunity for someone to make a profound impact architecting and designing cloud native solutions and serverless architectures. I am working with an Amazon Web Services (AWS) Premier Partner and have been awarded the AWS ML Partner of the Year 2020, we are extremely well-positioned at the forefront of this fast-paced cutting-edge technology space.
* Build strong relationships with clients, understanding their motivations behind projects and own technical activities to ensure the required business value is delivered. Acting as the technical authority and escalation point for AWS technical issues and decisions.
* Translate business requirements (both functional and non-functional) into a solution, ensuring compliance with the organisations strategy, policies and standards and in some cases, help customers to define new policies, principles and standards.
* With Data Engineers define for our client's data pipelines and data lakes, covering the ingression, ETL or ELT, and the cataloging of data. Insuring that compliance, regulatory, retention, backup and security requirements are taken into account.
* Provide solutions that have operational excellence built in from the ground up, including high availability, elastic scaling, disaster recovery, centralise logging, monitoring, alerting, change control and cost tracking + optimisation. Allowing for easy transition of solutions from implementation to production, owning the hand over to either a client or our in-house Service Management teams.
* Assist in all aspect of the engagement life cycle, supporting the Pre-Sales, Sales, and Delivery functions of the business. This includes strong communications skills and the production of excellent technical designs and documents to potential and existing clients. Showing a willingness to meet clients and go the extra mile when required
* Proven AWS design, implementation and support experience
* Excellent document production skills - design documents and architecture diagrams
* Background in application development and experience in at least one high level programming language (ideally Java, Python or Node JS).
* Strong Agile experience.
* In depth knowledge in: o AWS network services (AWS VPC, Subnetting, Security Groups, and Routing)
o AWS core services (EC2, RDS, S3, and ElastiCache)
o AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS, SQS, and Dynamo DB)
* Ability to create high quality Cloud Formation or Teraform scripts, proven ability to use the AWS CL and GIT/SVN.
* Strong Unix and Bash knowledge.
* AWS Solution Architect, Associate Certification or at least 3 years' experience of AWS.
* Knowledge and understanding of the Well Architected Framework including the Serverless Lens
* Understanding or some exposure to Data Lakes and Data Engineering with knowledge of AWS data lake services (Glue, Glue Catelog, RedShift, Athena, Kinesis).
* Developed solutions using AWS SAM or the Serverless Framework and defined APIs in Swagger.
* Understanding of continuous integration and delivery, with implementation in AWS Code* or Jenkins.
* Evidence of cross-vendor work as opposed to a candidate who wants to remain skilled in a single vendor's technologies
* Desire to interact closely with customers and build strong relationships
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.