Principal Scientist - Biology Lead - Boston, MA
* Function as Biology Lead and drive one or more early-stage drug discovery programs from target validation through to IND.
* Work closely and in collaboration with the Director of Biology to help build and expand the current portfolio.
* Adopt, adapt, and deliver on the company's strategy towards internal target development.
* Assist in the design and implementation of novel computational and experimental approaches to internal data generation.
* Work hand-in-hand with other drug discovery scientists and software engineers and be accountable for building and managing a portfolio of biological targets aligned to unmet medical needs that take full advantage of the company's AI approach.
* Ph.D. in Biological Sciences, or related discipline, with at least 5+ years of industry experience / Ms.c with at least 8+ years of industry experience in a lead discovery role.
* Deep expertise in cancer biology with a proven track record of scientific accomplishments.
* Experience leading an oncology drug discovery program is required.
* Molecular and cellular biology background.
* Deep knowledge of existing/emerging technologies and cancer model systems.
* Experience with small molecule phenotypic screening.
* Familiarity with public cancer biology databases
* An understanding of how to utilize big data to drive discovery efforts.
* Ability to conceptualize and integrate novel ideas and approaches into program workflows.
* Experience working in cross-functional teams.
* Excellent communication skills
* Applied experience and/or theoretical understanding of machine learning techniques is a plus.
* A leadership team that values and prioritizes your professional development.
* Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options.
* Unlimited paid leave and sick time.
* Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans for you and your dependents, with voluntary add-ons - available for life, and accident coverage.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org