Scientific Software Engineer - Fully Remote - up to $160,000
Scientific Software Engineer
* Work with a company leading the way in bettering the world now and for future generations
* Impact the cutting edge of scientific discovery and solutions
* Fantastic salary plus benefits, and a great team of people to boot!
What you will do:
* Join a group of multidisciplinary scientists and developers who are driven to build the next generation of Drug-Discovery Pipeline.
* Write state-of-the-art scientific software tools for drug discovery, e.g. tools to processes vast quantities of experimental and simulation data
* Stay on top of scientific literature enabling you to be at the cutting edge of scientific and technological developments
* Experience developing in modern scientific languages and Fluency in Python
* A Master's or PhD in Computational Chemistry, Biophysics or related field OR Degree in computer science or a related discipline; OR 2+ years of experience with development with/of chemistry software (RDKit, Openeye, etc)
* Familiarity with software engineering best practices, including unit tests, code review and version control
* Superior written and verbal communication skills, including writing and reviewing documentation.
* Good people/communication skills and enthusiasm for working as a part of a team
* The willingness and openness to learn new technologies and frameworks
* Preferred qualifications: the following would be a plus but are not required
* Experience in developing method using Openeye Toolkits.
* Running computational chemistry calculations on cloud-based infrastructure.
* Experience with distributed computing and running simulations on GPUs.
* Experience with Open source computational chemistry software (OpenMM, RDKit, Psi4)
Additional note: even if you are not sure if you fully qualify, I'm here to talk about it! Shoot your shot!
Client does NOT offer visa sponsorship at this time.
This opportunity will go fast, so don't miss your chance to be a part of a company that values you and the work they bring to the world! Send your resume to Taia Butler at email@example.com or call me at (303) 558-4356.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS roles than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS market we have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have a complete understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS jobs are.
Jefferson Frank is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.