[Tuesday 10:29 AM]Jennifer King
Job Title: Principle Devops Engineer
Job Type: Contract to Hire
Pay: $100 - 125 hr (W2 or C2C)
Duration: 6 Months
Location: 100% Remote (US based)
Industry: FS Industry
* Lead a project effort, anticipating/identifying issues that inhibit the attainment of project goals and implementing corrective actions.
* Foster and maintain good relationships with customers and Engineering teams to meet expected customer service levels
* Design optimizations to meet the scalability and performance needs of the organization and actively and continually optimize cloud resources to ensure lowest cost while ensuring security, scalability, and high availability
* Perform hands-on activities involved in creating cloud infrastructure components, migrating from, or integrating with on-premises services, and developing self-service tooling and metrics to empower delivery teams' autonomy
* Support the DevOps organization in an advisory role to shepherd our development teams towards adoption of Operations infrastructure, tools, services and standards.
* Design, build, and maintain the CI/CD infrastructure
* Architect, design and oversee the implementation of enterprise monitoring across the full stack, including infrastructure and lead efforts to enhance existing monitoring and reliability metrics across our platform
* Provide guidance to DevOps engineers in projects and regularly coach team members to ensure business application systems are supported in a way that complies with established methodologies and practices.
* Responsible for training and mentoring resources to build the best-in-class cloud operations team and processes. Mentor/coach engineers to facilitate their development and provide technical leadership to them.
* Lead design and Implementation efforts for Disaster recovery tasks in collaboration with Engineering teams for each application
* Participate in the Architecture committee and advise on AWS architecture and offer solutions.
* Document system designs and application operation procedures, host and deliver Operations' and participate in Developer design reviews
* Linux and/or Unix administration, configuration, and in-depth troubleshooting
* Administering mission-critical and large-scale web application
* Experienced with AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, RDS, ELB, IAM, ECS, CloudWatch) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud security.
* Track record of successful implementation experience with AWS or other public cloud platforms using infrastructure-as-code tools like Terraform
* Strong system monitoring capabilities using AWS CloudWatch and DataDog or similar tools such as New Relic etc.
* Relational and non-relational clustered DB experience (PostgreSQL,MySQL,Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Mongo)
* Proficient with Chef, Puppet, Ansible, SaltStack, Terraform, CloudFormation
* Very strong programming ability in at least one scripting or shell language, such as Python, Ruby, Perl, and/our the Bourne Again shell
* Experience with daily use of Git
* Disaster recovery planning and implementation
* Proficient with networking for a cloud-based Internet application (load balancing, reverse proxies, DNS, CDN's, firewalls, security applications)
Nice to haves:
* Experienced with Information Security compliance, including SOC-2 or PCI compliance preparation
* Experience with financial systems or loan origination systems