SC DevOps Engineer | Inside Ir35 | Remote | 6 months + extension | 1 stage Interview
MUST have an active and transferable security clearance to be considered!
DevOps engineer to work on a flagship Programme with one of our key UK Government clients within Law Enforcement.
You will work closely with developers, testers, project stakeholders and operational support teams to design, develop and optimise reliable and resilient build and deployment pipelines to deliver high quality software, alongside advocating DevOps principles, practices and philosophy.
The existing estate consists of a number of legacy technologies, but the Programme is at the start of a transformation journey consisting of a series of incremental technology refresh projects to modernise the technology stack - including Containerisation. As such, you will work with both old and new and help facilitate the transformation to more modern technologies and ways of working, whilst working within any imposed security constraints.
To be successful in this role you will need a good number of the following skills:
* Solaris and Linux Command Line Knowledge and shell scripting
* Programming experience (Java, Python, Groovy or similar)
* Problem solving complemented by good analytical and reasoning abilities
* Experience in software development lifecycle and best practices
* Awareness of security concerns and best practices
* Continuous Integration/Delivery Pipelines (Jenkins or similar)
* Configuration As Code (Jenkinsfile, Ansible or similar)
* Infrastructure As Code (ARM Templates, Terraform)
* Continuous Inspection Tooling (SonarQube)
* Test Automation Frameworks (Selenium, Cucumber, REST Assured)
* Solaris, Linux (RHEL/CentOS) & Windows Server (2016)
* COTS Installation, Configuration and Automation
* Containerisation (Docker, Podman) and Container Orchestration Systems (Docker Swarm, Kubernetes)
* Configuration Management Tooling (GitLab or similar)
* Project/Issue Management Tooling (JIRA or similar)
* Cloud Providers (AWS)
* Application monitoring and alarms (ELK or similar)
* Strong communication skills
* Deployment and management of large scale systems and estates
* Ability to advocate DevOps principles, practices and philosophy.
* Shell Script
If this role is of interest, please apply with your CV at first instance.