Cloud Operation Engineer - AWS - Full Remote - UK - £65,000
Jefferson Frank are supporting a major client in the UK, who provide software soltuions for business' and financial organisation across the globe to secure their future goals.
As a cloud operations engineer you will be working with the CloudOps/DevOps team and be responsible for maintaining and enhancing the multi-region AWS Virtual Private Cloud (VPC) environment that hosts the product suite, in alignment with the organisation's customer service level agreements (SLAs), governance and best practices.
Role & Responsibilities
* Ensure the availability, integrity and performance of the production AWS cloud environment as defined by the current product SLA
* Own the definition and delivery of the infrastructure strategy & architecture and their affiliated roadmaps (*)
* Deliver the infrastructure architecture in line with the organisation's core infrastructure and business services
* Improve the infrastructure architecture to enable resilience, rapid scaling, and ease of maintenance and change (*)
* Own timely and controlled software release delivery into test and production environments of inexus applications and data warehouse services
* Implement and improve automation for AWS cloud environment
* Monitor cloud infrastructure services at operating system and application levels to detect and respond to issues as they occur
* Troubleshoot cloud infrastructure-related issues
* Drive and improve the infrastructure team in areas of automated deployment, service monitoring
* Be an escalation point for all matters related to cloud hosting and operate as a primary point of contact for the infrastructure team
* Analyse and propose options for more cost-effective infrastructure use
* Build and maintain relationships with infrastructure suppliers
* Gather and present on infrastructure metrics and infrastructure team activities
* Clarify i-nexus cloud and application architecture to customers, understanding how their security and other IT requirements are satisfied
* Administration of company hardware, software and licences including Microsoft user account management.
Skills & Qualifications
* Professional experience deploying and managing cloud infrastructure
* Strong understanding of Linux and its administration
* Systems development and architecture experience in AWS cloud environment
* Experience of cloud native infrastructure, virtualisation technologies and virtual networking.
* Understanding of agile environments, continuous delivery techniques and DevOps culture
* Core skills across a broad number of infrastructure domains e.g. databases, middleware, data
centres, operating systems
* Hands on experience with multiple configuration management tools
If you are interested in hearing more about this position, please apply and one of our certified consultants will give you a call.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.