AWS Technical Engineer
Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 + benefits
My client are one of the UK's leading cloud and secure managed hosting providers - supplying dedicated servers, private and public cloud hosting solutions, and a full range of technical, cybersecurity, and DevOps consulting services. They are looking for an AWS Technical Engineer to drive them forward on their Public Cloud journey.
Reporting to the AWS Technical Director, your team will be critical to the success of their AWS evolution. Significant investment from a leading private equity firm is enabling them to rapidly advance their AWS offering, causing customer demand to soar. Although projects are diverse in length and scope, they are technically challenging, complex, and highly fulfilling.
This role is ideal for someone who wants to learn and progress quickly, collaborating with some of the most talented engineers in the Public Cloud/MSP industry.
As further pathways for AWS partnership levels are shaped, you will have access to new products, applications, and services to maximise your career potential in the Public Cloud space. This will be a highly rewarding opportunity for the successful candidate who will grow with UKFast on their unique transformational journey.
Role & Responsibilities
* Act as a point as escalation point for UKFast team members and UKFast clients
* Act as a communication bridge between our AWS and Linux support teams
* Respond to break and fix support requests, your role will involve providing resolutions to clients in as little hops as possible. Using evidence whenever possible to find the root cause of issues, avoiding repeat occurrences.
* Provide technical architecture reviews and recommendations through consultation with UKFast clients and internal AWS Solution Architect.
* To engage within the business (and third-party providers where appropriate) regarding escalations, reviews, updates, and strategy news. Ultimately creating and building good relationships.
* Provide seamless availability to internal teams and external clients, via all contact points (Phones, email, web portal) during core working hours.
* Ensure efficient and effective transitions between teams and shifts.
* Prepare the Linux support teams for new product, service releases, and the adoption of new technologies.
Skills & Qualifications (not all of)
* Significant experience of Linux systems in complex multi-server solutions environment.
* Experience with core web technologies, such as, Apache/NGiNX, MySQL/PostgreSQL, Varnish, Pacemaker, CRM Clustering, Kubernetes, ELK, or Redis.
* Exposure to diagnosing various server issues using standard open-source tools.
* Motivation to provide impeccable customer service whilst working in a lean, collaborative, and fast-paced environment.
* Experience supporting public cloud-based solutions is desirable.
* A history with configuration management and / or infrastructure as code is desirable.
* A proven track record of supporting production systems within AWS
* Expertise in CI/CD automation - experience in AWS CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and Code Pipeline is desirable
* Excellent understanding of application, server, network security, and compliance requirements
* Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to work efficiently across internal and external organisations
* Understanding of Infrastructure as Code
* Common DevOps tooling skills e.g. Ansible or Git
* Experience with a wide range of AWS Services such as RDS, EC2, Elasticache, CloudFront, Autoscaling or Lambd
* Birthdays off as an extra paid holiday
* Private health insurance after one years' service
* Full paid maternity leave for first 16 weeks and full paid paternity leave for 2 weeks after two years' service.
* Flexible working and work from home
* Award-winning training and education centre with four full-time teachers to help you obtain accreditations, develop and learn.
* Pearson Vue test centre on-site
* On-site gym
* Games zone with arcade games and retro consoles.
* Free onsite parking
* Table tennis and pool tables
* Team building experiences
* Weekly virtual quiz nights and team parties
* Volunteer days to help support our community and charity partners
* Active and engaged diversity groups with events and educational sessions arranged regularly
If this is of interest get in touch with Steven at Jefferson Frank or Apply below. They are hiring immediately for the right candidates.
020 3808 7281