For one of the most interesting scale-ups in Italy, operating in the digital logistics field, Jefferson Frank is proudly looking for an Engineering Lead.
Full remote, with the request to attend at least once a month on-site, in Florence (travel and accommodation all paid for by the employer).
Salary up to € 55.000, gross.
* Oversee a combined team of engineers, encompassing both frontend and backend expertise.
* Facilitate the growth of the team's skills and expertise.
* Manage agile project management processes.
* Maintain a strong sense of empathy for the team by being aware of processes and best practices. This may include evaluating individual workflows during one-on-ones, conducting code reviews, or addressing non-critical path bugs and features.
* Collaborate with other engineering leaders in talent acquisition efforts.
* Conduct managerial interviews for candidates and train the team to conduct technical interviews.
* Propose and implement process improvements based on feedback collected within the team.
* Hold regular 1:1s with all team members.
* Provide regular and clear feedback on individual performance.
* Encourage and facilitate technical decision-making within the team, escalating issues when necessary.
* Identify and address impediments to team efficiency, including technical debt, by proposing and implementing effective solutions.
* Collaborate on the development of features and improvements as part of the team.
* As an Engineering Leader, participate in on-call rotations with other leaders.
Hard skills needed:
* Proven experience as an Engineering Team Leader for a minimum of 4 years.
* Strong knowledge of PHP and/or React.
* Familiarity with Containers & Container Orchestration systems like Docker and Kubernetes.
* Experience using AWS or other public cloud providers.
* Solid understanding of object-oriented programming and familiarity with various design and architectural patterns.
* Proficiency in unit and integration tests.
* Familiarity with databases (e.g., MySQL, MongoDB) and web servers (e.g., Apache, Nginx).
* Experience integrating with APIs using REST, gRPC, SOAP, and other technologies.
* Ability to work effectively with Agile and Kanban methodologies.
To be considered for this vacancy, you need to be able to legally work in Europe: you are the holder of an EU Passport or you are the holder of an EU residency permit or you are the holder of a Schengen Work Visa.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet.
For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.