Platform Engineer - Remote/ Runcorn - £70,000
The Platform Engineers role is to provide automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure capabilities for digital delivery teams. This is a hands-on role, that will carry out a wide range of activities, from actively building and maintaining platform infrastructure, developing our technical standards and ways of working, through to coaching other engineers and engaging with non-technical people at all levels of seniority. The role will operate in a DevOps environment which will also provide support for the relevant applications and platforms as required.
* Build, maintain & support infrastructure for high-volume, highperformance, high-availability applications and platforms.
* Development and implementation of technical standards and ways of working. Ensuring that technical standards are being followed by colleagues and third-party suppliers.
* Effective delivery of projects and activities. Escalation and management of delivery challenges.
* Provide architectural guidance, direction and consultation. Lead on technology design decisions.
* Drive continuous improvement in the performance and resilience of our live services.
* Understand and manage cost drivers, especially for cloud platforms and tooling.
* Create and maintain solution/technical design documentation.
* Support technology innovation.
* Motivated to continuously improve and achieve excellence.
* Promotes diversity, team spirit and a sense of mutual responsibility to deliver customer excellence.
* Demonstrable working experience developing and maintaining cloud based infrastructure for high-volume, high-performance, high-availability distributed systems.
* Demonstrably experienced and capable 'Infrastructure as Code' practitioner. Considerable working experience with Continuous Configuration Automation tooling.
* Demonstrably experienced and capable Continuous Delivery practitioner. Considerable working experience with CI/CD tooling and practices.
* Considerable working experience with cloud infrastructure security best practices and the application of them.
* Experienced maintaining, implementing and supporting monitoring and alerting.
Knowledge and Skills
* A breadth of knowledge and experience building, managing and supporting infrastructure on AWS.
* Strong skills & experience with Unix/Linux environments.
* Experienced with scripting languages/tools such as Bash, Ruby, Python.
* Continuous Configuration Automation tooling such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform.
* CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, TeamCity.
* Containerisation and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
If you are interested in applying for this role or want to find out more information please get in touch with myself via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile on 020 3868 5178, or apply via the apply link attached to this advert.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com