This position is responsible for the identification, evaluation, selection, implementation, operation, and ongoing evolution of advertising technical systems that provide the Digital Sales department with a competitive, viable suite of integrated ad products across platforms and partners, allowing for efficient and full monetization to reach revenue goals.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or related field
* 7-10 years of work experience in digital advertising technology and web development, including technical project management, design, and development of Internet-based platforms
* Experience deploying and operating digital advertising technology systems or related digital publishing systems required.
* Business analysis, technical writing and experience with quality assurance processes required.
* Project Management skills required.
* Experience implementing programmatic header bidding solutions, such as Prebid or related services.
* Experience with digital advertising identity solutions and/or audience segmentation solutions, such as Adobe Audience Manger, or related DMP/CDP services.
* Experience and knowledge of digital advertising reporting, measurement, and attribution technologies, including experience providing ad performance metrics, brand attitudinal measures, and working with MRC standards, IAB standards and the Open Measurement SDK.
* Advanced knowledge and experience with Google DFP and FreeWheel (MRM) ad decisioning capabilities.
* Debugging and HTML proxy tools including Charles, Firebug, Chrome Developer Tools
* Demonstrable knowledge of VAST, VPAID, programmatic video, and client side & server-side ad insertion.
* IAB Digital Ad Operations Certification a plus
* Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
* Serve as primary subject matter expert on the technical implementation of services that enable the cross-property and cross-platform identification and segmentation of audiences across an expanding portfolio of publisher brands, including PGA TOUR owned & operated platforms, Golf Digest, GolfWRX, and European Tour, as well as distributed platforms including, but not limited to, YouTube, Twitter, ESPN+, CBSi, NBCU, and Xumo. Partner cross-team with data and privacy engineers, along with ad product leads, to implement data activation solutions that meet sales needs and revenue goals.
* Lead the cross-property and cross-platform selection, implementation, and maintenance of the programmatic and automated advertising systems to increase revenue and facilitate media-buying efficiencies. Previous experience implementing with server-to-server (A-9, Google Open Bidding) and header-bidding (Pre-Bid) programmatic solutions preferred. Includes both video and display programmatic advertising solutions in web, app, and OTT/CTV environments.
* Lead the selection, implementation, operation, and improvement of digital advertising supply-chain quality systems controls, including implementing systems to protect users against malware and buyers against fraud and invalid traffic.
* Work cross-team and cross-property with data engineers and analysts ensure that ad-serving measurement systems are in place to enable internal and advertising/agency KPI measurements, such as attribution, time-in-view, other performance metrics and brand attitudinal measures.
* Budget, contract and manages third-party SAAS vendors as required.
* Able to define, plan and manage the scope, schedule, finances, risks, quality, and resources needed to complete efforts, following departmental standard project management processes
* Participates in Internet Advertising Bureau (IAB) committees and working groups to learn and contribute to industry best practices. Also participate in informal collaboration with other digital publishers to establish benchmarks, as well as learn and share best practices.
* Understands digital ad-serving systems generally and is able to lead related special projects or other duties as assigned