Role: R&D Manager - Hardware
Location: Helsinkin - Hybrid Working Model
Benefits: Lunch (company will pay 25%) + recreational sport & culture vouchers (400 € / year, it will be paid in 2 parts of 200 €)
The role of the Hardware Research and Development (R&D) Manager entails overseeing the integration of hardware components and devices into our client's charging platform. In this position, you will collaborate with software development teams, hardware manufacturers (specifically those producing EV charging units and accessories), and other stakeholders to ensure seamless compatibility, operational reliability, and effective knowledge management for charging devices.
It's important to note that this role is not focused on people management but rather on overseeing the testing process for new features, firmware, and integrations on electrical charging points, while also managing knowledge related to these processes. The responsibilities include testing new software, providing feedback to software teams for updates, testing new firmwares, and keeping the hardware operations team informed. Additionally, communication with the Sales Team to update them on new features for selling purposes and with the Tech and Hardware Operations Team to relay information on issues or new instructions is essential.
Here's an overview of your responsibilities in this role:
- Hardware Integration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams to integrate new charging station models into our client's system, ensuring compatibility with our client's charging station offering. This may involve working with external meters, routers, and terminals connected to the charger.
- Testing and Validation: Conduct thorough testing and validation of integrated hardware to guarantee reliability, accuracy, and compliance with industry standards and specifications.
- Troubleshooting: Identify and resolve hardware-related issues during the integration process, working closely with the engineering team to implement effective solutions.
- Documentation: Create detailed documentation of hardware integration processes, including diagrams, technical specifications, and testing procedures.
- Performance Optimization: Continuously assess and optimize the performance of integrated hardware components to enhance the overall efficiency and reliability of our client's services solutions.
- Collaboration: Collaborate with software developers, data analysts, and project managers to align hardware integration efforts with broader our client's services projects.
- Technology Research: Stay informed about the latest advancements in hardware technologies through communication with hardware manufacturers' R&D units and recommend innovative solutions to enhance offerings.
- Quality Assurance: Ensure the quality and standardization of hardware integration processes, adhering to safety protocols and industry best practices.
- Technical Support: Provide technical support to project teams during the development and implementation phases of our client's services solutions and act as an expert advisor to the hardware operations team in addressing complex issues.
- Proven experience in hardware integration, preferably in embedded power electronics solutions.
- Strong understanding of hardware components, digital IoT platform solutions, m2m communication, and process development.
- Capability and willingness to work hands-on with physical hardware installations and electric vehicles in a real-world environment.
- Proficiency in conducting hardware testing, debugging, troubleshooting, and understanding software development practices.
- Familiarity with industry standards and regulations related to electric hardware installations and integration.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment.
- Solid communication and interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate with cross-functional teams.
- Detail-oriented and committed to producing high-quality work.
- Fluency in English, as it is the main working language at our client; Finnish language skills are not required.
If you are interested in this role, please send your CV and Cover to firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE : ONLY THOSE LOCATED IN FINLAND WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE, AND ONLY SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.