Position Title: Full Stack - Principal / Staff Software Engineer
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department Name: Engineering
Supervisor's Title: Software Development Manager
ABOUT THIS POSITION
eSUB Construction Software is looking for a passionate Principal / Staff Software Engineer who has experience designing, implementing, and supporting scalable cloud SaaS platforms. You will help guide architecture and development activities to support the implementation of eSUB's construction management platform across web, mobile, backend and data engineering capabilities. In addition to hands-on development, designing new solutions and exploring new technologies, this role will require strong collaboration skills, learning, communicating, documenting, training, and empowering team members to succeed.
eSUB provides a cloud-based, SaaS project management solution to large scale subcontractors in the construction industry. Over the last 6 years, eSUB has grown at a very rapid pace, partnering with giants in the construction software space like Sage, PlanGrid, and AutoDesk.
eSUB is headquartered in San Diego with our home office located in the UTC area with team members located all across the United States. eSUBs engineering organization is predominately a fully remote organization with team members having flexibility to work wherever they are most productive; eSUB prioritizes outcomes over physical presence but provides opportunities throughout the year for remote team members to meet in person and collaborate to work on the bigger picture and develop meaningful connections across the organization. It is required that team members reside in the United States and are available between regular working hours defined as being between 10am and 3pm PST with occasional requirements for availability outside of these hours to accommodate customer and engineering-specific planning and operational needs.
* Provide technical leadership and drives best practices for code development, review, testing, and deployment that will ensure high quality releases to production.
* Leads and participates as a Principal Engineer within scrum team(s) to provide leadership, industry best practices and conformance to team development guidelines, standards and best practices.
* Partners with the Product organization to understand platform requirements in order to develop architectures and select technologies and approaches that enable the product vision.
* Develop and contribute to code.
* Add comprehensive automated testing to ensure quality and development productivity.
* Help resolve production and customers issues and engineer long-term solutions through triage and root cause analysis and data analytics.
* Encourage and facilitate technical discussions, ensure deadlines are met and drive our product forward.
* Help mentor new and existing engineers.
* Other duties and projects as assigned.
Responsibilities & Duties
* Abstract and critical thinker and problem solver able to get to the root of difficult challenges.
* Able to think and communicate at a very technical detailed level but also at a higher level for broader non-technical audiences.
* Takes a tactical approach to how the team executes.
* Takes a strategic approach to how we organize and plan.
* Responsible for code quality and best practices.
* Influences design decisions based on reusability, readability, performance, scalability, supportability and testability factors.
* Responsible for ensuring that code can be tested and deployed through automated solutions.
* Holistic and cross functional awareness, ability to engage outside of team in a constructive way.
* Communicates regularly and clearly.
* Able to write high quality code.
* Understand modern design patterns and architectures.
* Bring a positive attitude to the team and presents a professional and optimistic outlook.
* BS, BA or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
* 10+ years in full-lifecycle software engineering or equivalent.
* 5+ Years experience building SaaS platforms delivered on Amazon Web Services (AWS)
* 5+ years working with the NodeJS utilizing common design patterns and practices
* 3+ years experience developing production SaaS systems leveraging serverless design patterns on AWS (toolsets include AWS Lambda, Serverless framework, AWS SAM, etc.)
* 3+ Years experience developing web applications using ReactJS
* 5+ years professional experience with relational databases (e.g. AuroraDB, MySQL etc.)
* 5+ years professional experience with NOSQL databases (e.g. DocumentDB, MongoDB, DynamoDB etc.)
* 5+ years developing software in an agile environment utilizing the Scrum framework.
* 3+ years experience developing leveraging containers and supporting technologies for the deployment and management of production systems (e.g. Docker, Amazon ECS, etc.)
* 3+ years of proven experience building scalable REST endpoints.
* Deep understanding and experience with Agile principles and practices.
* Strong skills in interpersonal relationships and team building.
* Excellent English communication skills.
* Ability to troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
* High level of accountability when working within a team, responding quickly to development obstacles.
Optional but highly desired:
* Full stack development experience.
* Experience developing mobile applications (preferably leveraging React Native)
* Experience with API design and implementation leveraging GraphQL (preferably with AWS AppSync)
* Previous experience working with or integrating with enterprise accounting systems.
This position is a remote position and requires the individual to work from their home.
* Talking/Hearing Over Phone & In Person 50%
* Sitting 90%
* Frequent Alpha/Numeric Keyboarding 90%
* Ability to View Computer Monitor 90%
* Take Notes in Written Form 10%
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Our teams core hours are 10am to 3pm PST. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires no regular travel. Travel will be on an on-demand basis as may be needed for training purposes.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Must submit to a background check as a contingency for the position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Each candidate is required to comply with federal and local laws and authorization will be checked through E-verify.
eSUB, Inc prohibits discrimination or harassment based on the following categories: race, color, religion, religious creed (including religious dress and grooming practices), national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition (including cancer and genetic characteristics), genetic information, marital status, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 years and over), sexual orientation, veteran and/or military status, protected medical leaves (requesting or approved for leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act or the California Family Rights Act), domestic violence victim status, political affiliation, and any other status protected by state or federal law.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
I acknowledge receipt of my job description and understand the responsibilities, duties, and requirements to perform the position. In addition, my supervisor provided me with answers to questions I had concerning this position.
As a contract-employee, I am expected (and required) to perform the duties outlined in this job description. Any refusal or willful violation to perform such duties may result in disciplinary action.
I am also aware that this position will include any and all (various) duties assigned to ensure the proper functioning of operations in the department/area. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is determined by the company to be a reasonable assignment to the position.
Employee Name (Printed)Employee SignatureDate
Supervisor Name/Title (Printed)Supervisor SignatureDate
FOR HR USE ONLY