Senior Solutions Designer - Newcastle-upon-Tyne - £55,000
As a Senior Solution Designer you will examine the user and business needs to then define how the technical solution will meet those requirements. You will help drive strategic change agenda alongside researchers, analysts, designers, developers and product owners and be pivotal in the delivery of projects and programmes.
You will need to:
- Great technical understanding along with significant experience of Lifecyle development, including cloud, infrastructure, database, development or scripting knowledge.
- The ability to lead the engagement of key business stakeholders
- Communicate collaboratively at all levels and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Design and evolve an application/service and propose the technology/tools/service required to support the end user. With micro service architectures, API integrations and the evolution of cloud platforms these have become the enabler that drives the applications/services to support the users experience.
In this role, you are accountable for:
1. Understanding user and business needs and be confident in translating them into the design of products and services.
2. Design and prototype solutions, interfaces and interactions. Work with designers to simplify complex transactions and explain clearly to non-solution designers the reasons for design choices.
3. Work closely with user researchers to assist with testing and analysing research results.
4. Work with other designers and architects to maintain a library of standard design patterns and promote its use across digital services and the wider organisation
5. Lead in the proposing of changes and sharing of good practices that can be adopted to drive design standards, ensuring appropriate governance for contribution to the development of products and services.
6. Follow and support methods and standards to achieve a high level of accessibility for the end user in our products
7. Develop frameworks, setting standards and principles and draw up accompanying policies to ensure consistency and high quality services
8. Understand design proposals from external suppliers, and support and present recommendations to senior stakeholders
9. Work within a multi-disciplinary team of software developers, testers, researchers, business analysts, service designers and support a culture focused on ensuring customer needs are met
10. Deliver designs that meet security, governance, web standards, ensuring that key elements are built in from the outset
11. Communicate and present, to a variety of stakeholders, in-depth information concisely within sprint reviews as well as delivering lunch and learn sessions.
12. Participate and sometimes lead within Communities of Practice sharing best practice and adoption of design standards, trends and patterns.
13. Mentor and coach other team members to enable the on-going personal development and growth of skills within the team
14. Provide specialist training enabling the personal development of the team and to support the growth of skills within the team
15. Support where necessary the relevant recruitment and selection in line with organisational processes
16. Maintain an awareness of financial and personal implications in the use of a range of resources and be aware budget management
17. Contribute to continuous business plans including budget monitoring
18. Contribute to and prepare proposals for change including producing necessary estimates, mandates and business cases within the digital and technology department.
So What Next?
If this is an opportunity that genuinely interests you, and you believe that you've got what it takes to be a successful candidate, I would be more than happy to arrange a conversation with you to discuss this further.
You can call me on 0191 338 7614. I am also available by email at email@example.com, or you can find me on https://www.linkedin.com/in/adam-bowie-a079b7174/