I am working with a global digital solutions medical supplier which has 20 European offices and had a 28 billion euros turnover last year also working with 450 branded pharmacies!
The Platform Engineers role is to provide automation, tooling and cloud infrastructure capabilities for digital delivery teams. This is a hands-on role, that will carry out a wide range of activities, from actively building and maintaining platform infrastructure, developing our technical standards and ways of working, through to coaching other engineers and engaging with non-technical people at all levels of seniority. The role will operate in a Dev Ops environment which will also provide support for the relevant applications and platforms as required.
Role & Responsibilities
* Build, maintain & support infrastructure for high-volume, high performance, high-availability applications and platforms.
* Development and implementation of technical standards and ways of working. Ensuring that technical standards are being followed by colleagues and third-party suppliers.
* Effective delivery of projects and activities. Escalation and management of delivery challenges.
* Provide architectural guidance, direction and consultation. Lead on technology design decisions.
* Drive continuous improvement in the performance and resilience of our live services.
* Understand and manage cost drivers, especially for cloud platforms and tooling.
* Create and maintain solution/technical design documentation.
* Support technology innovation.
* Motivated to continuously improve and achieve excellence.
* Promotes diversity, team spirit and a sense of mutual responsibility to deliver customer excellence.
Skills & Qualifications
* Demonstrable working experience developing and maintaining cloud based infrastructure for high-volume, high-performance, high-availability distributed systems. The client's Supplies will be recognised as a provider of top class business relevant solutions to the UK healthcare industry, operating with honesty and integrity to show leadership in partnership
* Demonstrably experienced and capable 'Infrastructure as Code' practitioner. Considerable working experience with Continuous Configuration Automation tooling.
* Demonstrably experienced and capable Continuous Delivery practitioner. Considerable working experience with CI/CD tooling and practices.
* Considerable working experience with cloud infrastructure security best practices and the application of them.
* Experienced maintaining, implementing and supporting monitoring and alerting.
* A breadth of knowledge and experience building, managing and supporting infrastructure on AWS.
* Strong skills & experience with Unix/Linux environments.
* Experienced with scripting languages/tools such as Bash, Ruby, Python.
* Continuous Configuration Automation tooling such as Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Terraform.
* CI/CD tooling such as Jenkins, TeamCity.
* Containerisation and tools such as Docker and Kubernetes.
* Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent experience.
* AWS certification is a plus.
* Up to £70,000
* Fully Remote (UK)
* Holidays - 25 days plus statutory holidays, increasing to 32 with service
If this is something that excites you and you are eager to know more, please get in touch! Send your CV to Jamie on email@example.com or call 0203 868 5191
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.