We're looking for creative thinkers who want to challenge the status quo and create a truly seamless digital banking experience on a global scale. The ideal candidate will lead architecture and will collaborate w/ product managers and engineering teams on building world class digital and mobile systems with automated client onboarding and straight thru processing for operational efficiencies. You will collaborate closely with teams across the organization to provide strategic direction and guidance related to the expanding and rapidly evolving digital landscape.
Skills & Responsibilities
* Lead the teams building various online and mobile products at a large technology or fintech organizations
* Lead a team of 40+ talented engineers
* Ensure team delivers with high quality and predictability
* Partner with Product managers, Sales and marketing teams in developing technology vision and roadmap for digital
* Partner closely with peer engineering leaders to ensure we operate as a single team
* Proven leadership with ability to lead multiple teams configurations in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
* A willingness to mentor people inside/outside of the Information Technology department on best practices, system design principles, and computing industry trends
* Able to articulate the tradeoffs at the application, system, and department level to the internal customer in a credible way during the whole lifecycle of the technology adoption to decommission. To clearly explain issues of reliability, scalability, and extensibility with respect to a technical solution
About the role:
* Be the online banking domain expert in SVB - The one-stop shop for technical and non-technical teams to have strategic and tactical discussions related to the online banking domain
* Understanding of the technologies, the data model, and the access patterns.
* In collaboration with Solution Architects, research and identify the right tools and technology stack based on scalability, latency, and performance needs.
* In collaboration with Solution Architects, assess technical feasibility by building rapid PoCs, find technological solutions for gaps, and create strategic IP as necessary.
* Work closely with User Experience Designers and Product Owners to translate specs into consumer facing functionality
* Collaborate with globally distributed Engineering Teams, Product Managers, Designers, User Researchers, Business Unit Managers, Marketing Executives, and Customers.
* Expert in the online banking domain in the US and preferably other geographies (explicitly EMEA)
* Proven experience in building solution using AWS platform.
* Understand containerization (Kubernetes based) and orchestration solutions including OpenShift, EKS/Fargate
* Experience building Responsive Mobile, Online Applications and API's using a developer platform
* Exposure to Swagger and Open API banking specifications
* Deep understanding of best design and software engineering practices - design principles and patterns, unit testing, performance engineering, best practices for security, privacy, identity protection.
* Proven experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Architect and design leading solutions with a strong focus on security, performance, and scalability. Hands on experience with TDD is a plus.
* Experience with Security, Privacy, Identity concepts is a plus.
* Experience working in FinTechs & with different banking applications is a strong plus
* Experience working with Data assets such as MDM, EDW and Data Lake is a plus
* Ability to explain complex ideas in simple terms for all levels of organization