Sr Kafka Software Engineer - Miami, FL - 135K
My client is seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join their innovative team in Miami! This company develops unique software and applications that provide solutions for cloud based companies.
* Research, design, test, and evaluate technologies for building reactive, event-driven systems
* Implement POCs and pair with technical leads on implementations
* Improve the developer experience for product development teams
* Develop tools and services to support Quality and Site Reliability to empower development teams
* Mentor other developers on the team, fostering an environment of continued learning and improvement
* Empower the team to deliver quality software in a timely manner and continuously improve the development process
* Write high-quality code, that is supported by an appropriate level of testing and metrics
* Have a high bar for yourself and others when working with production systems
* Intellectually curious to adapt to changing technologies, platforms, and environments
* Enjoy working in a collaborative environment with a diverse group of people partnering effectively with the team members, partners, and customers.
* Experience building event-driven, reactive microservices with Akka or Kafka Streams
* Proficient with CQRS and Event Sourcing
* Knowledge of microservices architecture
* Recent experience with Scala, Kotlin, or Java
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills coupled with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills
* Self-motivated, continuous improvement mindset and willing to "do what it takes" to get the job done
* 5-7 or more years' engaging and working with cross-functional enterprise level software development projects using Agile development methodologies
* Experience working with Kubernetes, Docker, and public cloud deployment platforms
* Strong experience working with continuous integration and continuous delivery
* Experience with, or understanding of, Agile/Lean Software Development practices such as Kanban or Scrum
* Ability to manage and balance multiple deliverables concurrently in an environment with shifting priorities
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Java Spring
* Akka or Kafka streams
* Microservices architecture
* CQRS design pattern
* Events-driven architecture
* Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL
* Docker & Kubernetes
If you or someone you know is interested in this role, please contact Ana Rengifo immediately at email@example.com with your most recent resume.
Jefferson Frank is the global leader for Amazon Web Services recruitment, advertising more AWS and DevOps jobs than any other agency. We deal with both AWS Partners & End Users throughout North America. By specializing solely in placing candidates in the AWS and DevOps market I have built relationships with most of the key employers in North America and have an unrivalled understanding of where the best opportunities and AWS/DevOps jobs are. I understand the need for discretion and would welcome the opportunity to speak to any Amazon Web Services candidates that are considering a new career or job either now or in the future. Confidentiality is of course guaranteed. Please see www.jefferson frank.com for more fantastic Amazon Web Service opportunities.