Director of Engineering
Fully remote UK
£95k-115K, DOE, negotiable, Benefits + Bonus
We're building the next generation of capabilities that powers our merchant-first ecosystem. We believe that focused and empowered teams can do great things. You'll find that we're a curious, driven, and pragmatic bunch who believe in outcomes over outputs, and we're looking for like-minded individuals to join us on our journey.
If you're looking for a unique opportunity to establish an Engineering organization with the oversight to design, implement, and lead...then read on
As Director of Engineering, you'll work closely with our leadership team to build a world-class engineering group. You'll be a focused on attracting and developing engineering talent, but also staying hands-on in the technology to oversee the development of an outstanding product and customer experience.
Your leadership will be instrumental in driving organizational change as we move the team to a more agile development framework that enables faster time to value across our product portfolio.
* Mentor, develop, and retain top-notch engineering talent.
* Create effective software development teams
* Drive constant innovation through Architecture, Database, Engineering, and DevOps teams.
* Collaborate closely with the executive team as well as cross-functional teams to deliver great products and solve problems as needed.
* Support the product team and planning process to deliver great products and ensure all deadlines and needs of the business are being met.
* Maintain and improve agile processes collaboratively with the teams, and enable new development techniques or methods to reduce complexity, promote quality, and increase velocity.
* Help engineers grow in their career paths, learning new technologies, and tackling increasingly challenging projects.
* Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blocks and focusing efforts on tooling, continuous integration/delivery, and maintainable automation testing.
* Foster a culture of operational excellence in your teams through real-time monitoring and alerting.
* Create and support a culture of learning and continuous improvement.
* Able to coordinate the development of cross-team features between engineering teams, product managers and our technical operations team.
* Experience in software development management.
* A background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#, Objective-C or C++.
* Hands on experience resolving performance and scalability issues of SaaS-based applications.
* Experience with designing, building, and deploying secure, scalable services in the SaaS environments.
* Strong fluency in Agile software practices.
* Excellent communication skills, able to listen to and share ideas, effectively present concepts, and work with remote teams.
* Capable and comfortable working with high-level management.
* Ability to work independently towards goals.
* Excellent work ethic and the ability to be a productive and reliable team member.
Benefits package to be discussed during initial call*