Senior Solutions Architect - AWS - Manchester (Remote) Up to £75k
Working within the clients Business division, as a Solutions Architect you will provide a wide variety of technical solutions to new & existing clients using a range of leading-edge technologies, with an emphasis on Cloud technologies. This is a high profile role where you'll actively drive and manage the requirements gathering and high-level design process. Working with Direct customers and Partner clients, you will describe the technology and product portfolio positioning to both business and technical users.
* Work with clients to understand their requirements and design and document suitable solutions
* Manage client encounters including interviews, conferences and workshops
* Work with Sales teams to articulate key benefits of Cloud technology to clients
* Build relationships with key clients and partners, becoming a trusted advisor
* Structure and produce compelling sales proposals, commercial and technical documentation
* Collaborate with the implementation/project team, articulating customer requirements, to ensure smooth transition from Sale to Delivery
* Provide technology advocacy and evangelism, supporting the company at industry and client events
* Significant previous experience of requirements gathering and solution design in a commercial setting
* Able to show and discuss a range of previous customer solution designs and approaches
* Confident presenting in a formal setting and be able to chair and take the lead in customer meetings when required
* Able to build strong relationships with engineers, sales teams and a diverse portfolio of clients
* Excited by technology and with a drive to do the right thing by the customer
* An ability to get 'hands-on' with technology when required
* Full drivers licence and willingness to travel through sales territory
As a Solutions Architect, you should have experience working in depth with several of the technologies described below. Where you have experience, you should be able to demonstrate professional level skills to specify and implement solutions using these technologies, drawing on practical experience from previous work.
Amazon Web Services (AWS)
This client is an AWS Advanced Consulting Partner and so experience working with AWS technologies to assist clients is highly desirable. There is an emphasis on Microsoft Workload enablement and data center migration into AWS and so skills in this area are especially useful. Skills you can bring that help Clients understand and embrace Cloud adoption are also welcome, including approaches to migration such as the AWS Cloud Adoption Framework and an appreciation for the organisational impact of moving to Cloud. Current certification to AWS Architecture Professional is highly desirable.
This client is a Microsoft Gold partner with a large installed base of Microsoft users as existing clients. An understanding of Microsoft core technologies is therefore extremely useful, including Microsoft Azure and Office 365, again centered on data center and workload migration activities.
A good understanding of IP networking in the WAN and LAN is essential in all Cloud engagements and the Architect should be able to articulate networking requirements to network specialists and engineers in a solutions design. Topics you should be comfortable with include IP theory in v4 and v6, Ethernet services, basic IP routing and network access technologies in the WAN.
If this role sounds interesting to you, please reach out by emailing me email@example.com. Also, if you know anyone else that fits the role please get in touch!
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.