Backend Engineer - UK FULLY REMOTE
Salary up to £70k DOE
My client are on the hunt for an experienced Mid & Senior Backend Engineers who will play an instrumental part in creating a brand new world-leading, cross platform IP played by millions of gamers. You will be part of a skilled core server side team, who are tasked with the creation of highly scalable systems built for consistency and low latency. The size and dynamic of this team will grant you considerable responsibility and autonomy in tasks and the design and implementation of their architecture.
Here's what you will be doing:
* Form the core of their Game Server Engineering team developing an incredible cross platform product.
* Develop a deep understanding of the infrastructure and services that will be used to run an MMO game service.
* Planning and reporting project milestones and timescales on a continuous basis to all those involved.
* Work closely with the rest of the Engineering team, defining and implementing key technical goals as well as goals and concepts to bring teams to the next level
* Assist in the construction of platforms, systems and networking infrastructure using your strong background in distributed systems, OS/kernel, network system design, and large-scale storage systems.
* Implement tools that empower our Game-Design teams to create new and exciting gameplay experiences
* Load test, monitor, profile & optimise game servers
* Prioritise technical tasks and work with the team to plan for development
To do this job, you will need:
* Professional experience ideally for 4+ years.
* Experience in developing highly available back-end systems and servers for large-scale games or high-traffic web systems.
* Experience building robust solutions with a test driven approach.
* Experience developing in Python, ideally using frameworks like Celery and Tornado.
* Strong knowledge of Unix-like operating systems.
* Experience with Redis (or other database systems), ORMs and migration scripts.
* Good understanding of how to prevent intrusions, injections, cheating etc.
* Good knowledge of networking i.e. TCP, HTTP, LB, NAT, WebSockets etc.
* Experience creating and working with a dockerized environment.
While not required, below are nice to have:
* Experience working in C#/Unity..
* AWS, Docker, Terraform, Kibana, Chef, Ansible.
* Experience with automated testing.
* Experience with stateful and stateless game server architectures.
* Good knowledge of shell scripting i.e. bash, zsh.
Apply above or for more info call 0191 814 7785 or email email@example.com