My client is seeking a new, junior to mid level Software Development Engineer for a contract opportunity. The end client is an enterprise level company who believes in a fair, sustainable future.
* You will play a major role in the analysis, design and development of cloud applications and services within the AWS platform, for supporting Oracle EBS space with a primary focus on solutions for financial events.
* You will collaborate with business and other team members (Developers, Functional Analysts, Testers and Production Support Analysts) to produce scalable, efficient and supportable solutions utilizing Oracle and related technologies
* You will enhance, support and follow Software Development Lifecycle
* You will focus on improving development and architecture standards by adopting industry standard methodologies.
* You will provide guidance and ensure offshore development delivery and quality while completing development onsite for appropriate tasks
* You will demonstrate ability to work through/around blocking events
* You will demonstrate experience deploying complex yet elegant and efficient solutions within budget
* At least 3+ years of experience in enterprise software development with 2+ years' experience in building services and applications in AWS cloud platform.
* Experience in developing RESTful Web Services in cloud and on-premises platforms. Knowledge of building scalable web systems with microservice architecture is highly desired.
* Java programming experience, preferably in developing web services using frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot etc. with strong experience in RDBMS, SQL tuning and high-volume data processing.
* Experience with native AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, API Gateway.
* Familiar with high volume transactional systems, microservice design, continuous delivery, automated deployments, and related engineering practices.
* Possess skill sets and experience in open source frontend framework such as Angular 4+ is highly desirable.
* Strong verbal and written communication