You will be part of the business systems department which is composed of the software teams working on laboratory management, ecommerce, product development and supply chain management and the many services that integrate them all.
Your role will involve working across these systems and building components for integrating them and ensuring they operate efficiently.
Role & Responsibilities
* Design and deliver highly scalable multi-tiered distributed software applications.
* Develop, test, deploy, and monitor your code through all states of the software development lifecycle.
* Promote software engineering best practices via example, participation in code reviews, building tools, and documentation.
* Support your applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
Skills & Qualifications
* BS/MS in Computer Science or Engineering with 5+ years industry experience in software engineering, with solid backend development experience.
* Experience in building highly scalable architectures using backend technologies like node.js, python, C#, mongodb, postgres, redis, kafka, rabbitmq, or equivalent.
* Experience working with messaging systems and pub sub architectures. Understanding of event based architectures and hands on experience building and scaling integration systems using Kafka, Kinesis or RabbitMQ.
* Exposure to integrating large scale ERP and CRM systems.
* Database experience (MySQL, Postgres, MongoDB)
* Self-starter with a strong work ethic and desire to write readable and maintainable code.
* Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools. Understanding of CI/CD is a plus.
* Working knowledge of Git and familiarity with the Github workflow.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* A good understanding of DevOps procedures and tools (k8s, AWS) is a plus.
* Familiarity with CI/CD systems.
* Ability to work in a fast paced iterative development with continuous delivery.
* Full Benefits
Come change the world and work for a company that works in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.