We are a global analytics and digital solutions company that partners with clients to improve business outcomes and unlock growth. Bringing together domain expertise with robust data, powerful analytics, cloud and AI to create agile, scalable solutions and execute complex operations for the world's leading corporations. We were founded on the core values of innovation, collaboration, excellence, integrity and respect creating value from data to ensure faster decision-making and transforming operating models. Key industries including Insurance, Healthcare, Banking and Financial Services, Media, and Retail among others.
Headquartered in New York, our team is over 40,000 strong, with more than 50 offices spanning six continents.
Role Title: Cloud Data Engineer
Location: Northampton or Knutsford
Employment Type: Permanent or FTC
Summary of the role:
Working with senior stakeholders in the organisational data platforms team and representing that team internally to various lines of business.
As part of your duties, you will be responsible for:
* Engaging with various businesses (e.g., payments, cards, consumer banking, retail credit risk, fraud etc.) to analyse their data consumption patterns and chart the individual journeys to AWS (their current state could be varied) - to help deliver a consistent cloud-based data platform
* Technically hands-on on data warehousing, ETL and Cloud (AWS) technologies and functional knowledge of use of data for downstream processes
* Strong background in retail banking use-cases
Qualifications and experience we consider to be essential for the role:
* Functional Engineer or Project Manager with 'hands-on' coding experience to generate business ready 'marts'
* You will be skilled to engage with internal teams and take their data and analytics stack to the cloud.
* You will ideally have 6 plus years within retail banking.
Skills and Personal attributes we would like to have:
* Able to work in a matrix fast paced financial services group.
* Hands on 'write code' technical skills.
* Taking Data and Analytics stack to the cloud
As part of a leading global analytics and digital solutions company, you can look forward to:
* A competitive salary with private healthcare, critical illness life assurance at 4 x your annual salary, income protection insurance, and a rewarding pension.
* We are committed to providing our employees with the tools and resources they need to succeed and excel in their careers. We offer a wide range of professional and personal development opportunities. We also support a range of learning initiatives that allow our employees to build on their existing skills and knowledge. From online courses to seminars and workshops, our employees have the opportunity to enhance their skills and stay up to date with the latest trends and technologies.
* As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are committed to diversity. Our company does not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, age, or disability status.
* We offer a flexible hybrid working model that allows employees to live a balanced, healthy lifestyle while strengthening our culture of collaboration.