DevOps Engineer - Glasgow - Up to £55k
My client creates incredible STEM learning experiences full of moments that students remember forever.
That's where you come in! Working for my client means getting the chance to use your talents to the fullest, doing work that makes the world a better place in an environment where your contributions get noticed.
Their resources are now used by millions of teachers and students in over 60 countries and with over 20 different languages. This success didn't happen by accident. They hire talented individuals, give them the chance to shine, and recognise the impact they make on the lives of students across the globe. They're here to change the world of STEM education. Want to join?
They are currently seeking DevOps engineers to join the Digital Team to ensure they continues to offer exceptionally reliable service and teams can fully leverage AWS technologies and services. You will work in the DevOps team but will also work closely with the software development team and technical management to continue to improve AWS infrastructure and services.
Required Skills and Experience
* AWS management (CloudFront, CloudWatch, EC2, EKS, IAM, RDS, S3, VPCs...)
* Docker, Kubernetes
* Main distros:
* Debian / Ubuntu
* Amazon Linux / CentOS
* Git & GitHub
* Software development experience in an agile environment
* Highly collaborative personality. Be able to influence and manage effectively across your peers.
* Possess a high degree of autonomy and independent judgement with excellent troubleshooting skills
Nice to haves:
* Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform
* New Relic APM
* AWS certifications
* Python programming experience
* Previous exposure to a microservices environment
* Jira based issue management
Infrastructure & Automation
* Proficiency in provisioning, configuration management and application deployment within an AWS Infrastructure using tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Docker, Kubernetes and Helm. Other tools may be used as necessary.
* Improving or establishing effective Monitoring & Logging services e.g. through the use of Cloud Watch and other tools.
* Ensuring efficient use of core AWS services such as EC2, EBS, S3, Elasticache as needed
* Managing and monitoring network services (VPC's, DNS, Amazon Route 53, VPC)
Services & Security
* Helping maintain a defined level of service uptime and assist in developing and maintaining Service Level Objectives for DevOps functions
* Building/improving/optimizing CI/CD pipelines with Jenkins or other similar tools. Explore and recommend appropriate tools and processes to ensure development have an optimal CI/CD service.
Architecture & Software Development
* Using AWS Services to help our teams architect and build optimal solutions to enhance digital products.
AWS Risk & Compliance
* Have or be willing to develop proficiency in tools used to configure and monitor AWS operational risks, including performance and security.
* Ensure AWS functionality is fully leveraged to the benefit of products by using Infrastructure architecture to ensure minimal operational risk whilst achieving compliance.
Communication & Documentation
* With other members of the DevOps team, ensure efficient and timely communications with other developers and the digital organisation in general. Contribute to documenting DevOps infrastructure, processes and solutions (such as Playbooks and Runbooks).
What's in it for you?
Your job will offer diversity and fulfilment as well as professional and personal development. They have an open, fair, relaxed and flexible culture where hard work is recognised and rewarded.
To apply/ more info - Message me via LinkedIn, firstname.lastname@example.org or 0191 814 7785.