Job Description - We are currently looking for an outstanding Data Engineer to join our growing analytics and data science team. The ideal candidate is a Data Engineer with strong SQL and Python skills and previous experience working with APIs as well as designing and maintaining ETL pipelines that gather and transform data from different sources. This is a team-based role, where the project work is varied and shared amongst other engineers so you will not just be focused on one part of the process, so being able to see the big picture and work collaboratively is critical. The role will have a 100% focused on client projects.
Role & Responsibilities
* Working with a team of analysts, data scientists and data engineers amongst other stakeholders to identify and implement best solutions for the analytical needs of a project
* Contributing to architectural designs, engaging in technical discussions and presenting solutions to product challenges
* Work with our technical partners and suppliers to ensure their technology is implemented for our internal requirements and for our client projects
* Work with our internal operations team to ensure a robust business intelligence architecture is in place across all sections of the business
* Heavily involved in the building and development of the architecture and engineering process of projects including building API's as well as other scripts to set up and automate engineering pipelines and solutions
* Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture
* Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
* Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimising data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
* Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
* Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimising our products and services into an innovative industry leader.
* Someone who can complement the commercial and sales teams, supporting client meetings, pitches and add value to client proposals, new business strategy and company case studies.
Skills & Qualifications
* Advanced SQL knowledge
* PostgreSQL dialect is most important
* Advanced Python programming
* Familiarity with Docker
* Strong problem-solving skills, willingness to take ownership and risks, and enthusiasm in the face of technical challenges
* Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
* Strong communication skills, with the ability to support client meetings
* Valid SC clearance would be very useful.