Jefferson Frank have a great opportunity for a CTO to step into a start up environment and help grow this company in the technology space.
Chief Technology Officer Job Description: Top Duties and Qualifications
A Chief Technology Officer (CTO), or a Chief Technical Officer, makes high-level decisions regarding a company's technological infrastructure and ensures that these are in alignment with business goals. Their duties include identifying long- and short-term IT needs, overseeing system designs and changes and leading technical teams in everyday operation
Chief Technology Officer duties and responsibilities
The range of a CTO's duties varies depending on factors like the structure and demands of a company. For example, a company may decide to hire only a CTO and not a CIO, as their current focus may be to improve customer service. In such a case, a CTO may have to take on duties that a CIO would typically manage. In general, however, the day-to-day activities of a CTO include:
* Presenting reports on a company's technological status, goals and progress
* Identifying technologies that can be used to improve a company's products and services
* Developing and overseeing high-level KPIs for an IT department
* Assisting in the recruitment, onboarding and training of IT managers
* Maintaining current knowledge of technological developments
* Tracking, analysing and monitoring technology performance metrics
* Conducting reviews of IT products or systems to evaluate their potential value for an organisation
* Ensuring that technological processes are in line with relevant laws and regulations
What does a Chief Technology Officer do?
A Chief Technology Officer forms part of a company's executive team. They are responsible for developing technical strategies that support and encourage business growth. T here is a direct link between a company's technological infrastructure and the realisation of its business visions and goals. The role of a CTO is to focus on this all-important link to consider and anticipate an organisation's needs when making decisions regarding technological advancements. A CTO often works closely together with a Chief Information Officer (CIO).
Chief Technology Officer skills and qualifications
To succeed at this job, CTOs need a blend of skills, ranging from technical knowledge to business acumen to interpersonal skills. One of the most important skills these professionals need is the ability to communicate clearly and effectively. For example, A CTO needs to explain complex terms when relaying business information to technical staff and technical information to business personnel. Other important skills this profession requires include:
* Strong leadership skills to effectively steer a company's technological efforts and developments
* Strong decision-making skills to make choices that directly impact a company's profitability
* An in-depth understanding of a company's challenges and objectives to effectively align technical strategies
* Excellent organisational skills to successfully coordinate the efforts of an IT department
* The ability to think strategically, anticipate future developments and provide technical vision
* Excellent time-management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks to cope with the multifaceted nature of the job
* A willingness to stay up to date regarding the latest technological advances
* A solid understanding of business processes and functions
CTO Experience Requirements
CTO positions typically require extensive experience in multiple business areas. Employers will likely want to see a proven track record of successfully partnering with other executives to drive technological innovation and business growth. In addition, candidates may need to show three to five years of experience in leading teams, managing budgets and delivering new products to market.
Rate - £900-1100
Location - London, Hybrid working
Duration - 6 months