Senior Backend Developer (Kotlin) - Freelance - Oslo
Development of new deliveries in Kotlin.
Role and Tasks
Developer will be part of a team containing a team leader, product owner, solution architect, frontend & backend developers and testers - a total of 11 people.
The developer's main focus will be on the development of an app for planned new deliveries in the team. Their tasks, as well as organisation and distribution of these, will vary over time to ensure the progress, stability and flexibility in the team.
Example of responsibilities and tasks
* Microservices development in Kotlin - inclusive of test coding, quality assurance, instrumentation, production setting and operational follow up.
* Management and operation of services and the platform.
* Familiarisation of new technologies and helping to build competence in these on the team.
* Helping to build a DevOps culture though interdisciplinary thinking.
Key Prerequisites for success in this role are as follows
* Min 3 years higher education in IT (college / university) - Longterm relevant experience can compensate for a lack of formal education.
* Extensive backend development experience.
* Experience with distributed event-driven architecture, preferable asynchronous message exchange and eventual consistency.
* Strong knowledge and concrete experience with open source technologies - especially Kafka and Kafka Streams
* Development of Microservices in Kotlin - inclusive of test coding, quality assurance, instrumentation, production setting and operational follow up.
* Good experience with Kubernetes.
* Working language is Norwegian - imperative that the consultant has the ability to communicate without any significant language barriers - Scandinavian (Norsk/Bokmal/Dansk/Svenska) minimum level C1 with minimum level B2 English.
It is an advantage if the consultant has experience with
* Spring Boot
* Tools for logging and monitoring, preferably Datadog
* AWS Public cloud
* Development tools and processes with continuous integration/deployment, automated testing (e.g. GitLab)
* Experience with both development and design of complex application integrations and APIs
* Ability to understand needs based on user stories and other specifications