AWS Cloud Consultant
up to £75,000 DOE
As a Cloud Consultant you will work directly with a Customer Success Manager to provide a range of services to help customers make the most of their current and future supported AWS workloads while accelerating the adoption of Cloud in their business and improve upon traditional hosting strategies.
You will be an integral part in delivering solutions in a consultative manner for new and current managed service cloud customers. With a strong background in Enterprise support environments, you will help customers manage change, minimise risk, optimise operations and support business growth through pro-active and personable interactions. You will build long-term customer relations, understanding their business goals and operational capability in order to best align and manage resources and services, and drive outstanding customer outcomes.
In this pivotal, autonomous and varied role, you will manage complex problems as well as be a proactive and consultative resource to help customers plan for their future growth and the continual adoption of emerging technologies and best practices.
You will be responsible for achieving security, scalability and performance through deep knowledge of automation, scaling, application lifecycle management, Continuous Deployment and Integration.
Role & Responsibilities
* SME for AWS to both UKFast colleagues and customers
* Act as a consultative resource for customers to assist them in achieving their technology focused objectives
* Drive the adoption of Cloud technologies for the benefit of the customer
* Pro-actively seek opportunities to improve customer's solution architecture and operation
* Working with our Project Managers oversee migrations of customers solutions to Cloud
* Ensure appropriate technical documentation is in place for customer solutions
* Provide strategic and operational guidance that will allow customers to continually optimise their Cloud environments to achieve their business goals and maximise return on investments
* Work directly with UKFast Solution Architects to help customers transition their applications into the cloud through detailed planning and migration support for moving legacy application portfolios to Cloud
* Own issues, and escalations and drive collaboration with other teams to find speedy resolutions
Skills & Qualifications
* Customer obsessed - works vigorously to earn and keep customers trust, and an ability to continually anticipate and meet their needs
* A blend of commercial and operational acumen
* Versatile and able to thrive in a hyper-growth environment
* Operates well in an environment of rapid change and comfortable operating with autonomy
* Experience of influencing leaders and presenting to external customers
* History of strong negotiation skills with customers
* Detailed understanding of the Cloud (IaaS and PaaS) industry and associated various technologies
* Understanding of Service Management best practices frameworks such as ITIL
* Exposure to operational management within a critical environment
* Effective troubleshooting and analytical skills and ability to manage complex and technical projects
* A great attitude with internal customers and external parties, excellent written, verbal, and communications skills
* Ability to collaborate with and manage diverse cross functional teams for successful customer outcomes
* Strong rapport and relationship building skills with both internal departments and external customers
* Good communication skills and an ability to develop relationships with customer external stakeholder's levels
* Knowledge of Amazon Web Services and its products & services
* Knowledge of DevOps best practices and CI/CD tools
* Strong customer focus, with an ability to continually anticipate and meet their needs
* Excellent working knowledge of Amazon Web Services, Compute, Relational and NoSQL Databases, Caching, Object and Block Storage, Scaling, Load Balancing, CDNs, Networking, ECS, EKS etc.
* Experience of hosting web applications across a wide variety of Webserver and Database technologies
* Monitoring tools such as AWS CloudWatch, Datadog, Logic Monitor or equivalent
* Experience of architecting and managing production environments across Physical, Virtualised and Cloud technologies
As the company evolves, so does the Public Cloud team. It is our role to bring solutions to customers seeking to use AWS and support them on their journey. The team is always developing to match current technology trends and new services from AWS - so there are many opportunities to develop broader cloud skills or become a subject matter expert in a particular vertical. Or maybe the next move is a step up as a Lead Consultant and even aim to be the Manager one day!
This is an excellent opportunity to work with one of the largest and fastest growing MSP's in the country, and with huge investment from a private equity firm recently they show no signs of stopping.
If this is of interest please reach out to Steven at Jefferson Frank by applying, or feel free to send a message on Linkedin for a confidential discussion - https://www.linkedin.com/in/steven-mckay-â~ï¸-837431207/