QA Automation Engineer - Birmingham - £50,000 per annum
Jefferson Frank are seeking an experienced and enthusiastic QA Automation Engineer, with a background in both manual and automated testing, to join our clients QA function to develop and execute exploratory and automated tests on large-scale cloud-hosted applications.
What will your job look like?
The successful candidate will be expected to develop their skills in multiple challenging disciplines to work as part of a rapidly growing technical organisation.
When normal working arrangement return, this role will be based in Birmingham.
Key daily tasks involve
* Working with Product Management and Engineering Teams to assist in the definition of functional and non-functional requirements for product / service functionality.
* Develop appropriate and maintainable automated tests for functional and regression testing.
* Translate functional requirements into test scripts and execute as required.
* Assist the development / engineering teams with estimating, prioritising and planning.
* Act as a champion of quality within the team, highlighting risks and needs when implementing products and services.
What you need?
* BEng / MEng / BSc / MSc in relevant subject or equivalent experience.
* Solid background in manual and automated testing.
* Familiarity with at least one test automation framework and programming language.
* Familiarity with software configuration management (SCM) concepts and version control systems, especially Git.
* Thorough understanding of agile development methods.
* Knowledge of modern delivery methodologies such as CI/CD.
* Quick to pick up new technologies.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Self starter, able to work on your own initiative.
* Effective time management skills.
* Desire to contribute to the continuous improvement of the QA function within the company.
Other desirable skills and tools
* Familiarity with Unix/Linux systems, including scripting skills.
* Experience of testing GUIs across multiple platforms and devices.
* Experience of testing APIs and SDKs.
* Experience of load / performance testing.
* Experience of security / penetration testing.
If this sounds like something you'd be interested in then please apply. One of our senior consultants are available for a confidential chat.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.