Our client is seeking a flexible individual with a broad skill set in AWS infrastructure, systems administration, and automation scripting knowledge to help support our team on a web-based policy administration suite. Ideally, we are looking for a 'jack of all trades' with a broad range of skills coming from a programming background wanting to move eventually into a cloud architecture/engineer role.
The successful candidate will join our IT team in a full-time role working with team members as well as our managed service provider to help deploy, configure, and maintain platform and application solutions. The individual will also assist in keeping our infrastructure and IT policies up to date and running optimally.
Remote ( Eastern Standard time zone and possibility to work in Toronto office if desired )
* Work directly with the VP, Technology to support/architect/deploy the infrastructure, tools, and software used to support ISI, its developers, and clients in multiple AWS environments.
* AWS Infrastructure - research new technologies, manage current infrastructure, maintaining/updating AMIs, EC2 sizing, CloudWatch deployments, cost analysis, etc.
* Direct our MSP on more basic tasks (patching, maintenance windows, upgrades, playbooks, imaging, licensing, hardware setup/procurement, Active Directory, Office 365, as well as other 3rdparties)
* Automation - we need someone who loves to automate! Much of this job will initially be spent creating/modifying/recreating automation processes.
* Monitoring deployments and various automation tasks, server & application access management, troubleshooting production deployments, provisioning VM instances & workstations.
* Manage CI Jenkins builds, creating/building/monitoring build jobs and various automation tasks. Working with production support and developers to create and maintain internal environments.
* Work with project managers to schedule internal, UAT and Production builds & deployments.
* Troubleshooting ad hoc network, infrastructure, database, application issues.
* Assist on ongoing penetration tests, phishing campaigns, Disaster Recovery / Cyber / Backup tests, SOC audits, escrow containers and security training.
* Enforcing security policies, documenting and maintain IT policies and procedures.
* 5+ years of system administration/development
* Outstanding communication skills and ability to work effectively in a team environment.
* Practical working experience with AWS cloud technologies (IAM, VPC, RDS, EC2, ALB) (certifications a plus)
* A passion for automation, DevOps and collaboration with team members
* Programming/Scripting/Development background (PowerShell highly desirable, Groovy, Batch)
* Practical working experience with automated deployment and orchestration (CI/CD, Jenkins, GIT, Subversion)
* Experience with the following technologies: IIS / Jira / Jenkins / Gradle
* Microsoft Windows Server 2012 - 2022/ Windows 10 Administration, Networking / AD / DHCP / Routing
* Linux Knowledge (Ubuntu, Debian)
* Relational Database Administration experience (PostgreSQL highly desirable)
* Excellent organizational & planning skills
Nice to have:
* Knowledge of P&C insurance industry
* Container experience (Docker, EKS, etc)
* Other cloud experience a plus (Azure, GCP, Oracle, etc)
* Agile and Scrum training