Systems Tester - £25,000k - £35,000k
My client who was formed in 2013 as a multi-disciplinary company specialising in sustainable building design and software solutions for the energy and utilities industry.
They are on the look out for a Systems Tester to test newly developed and modified changes on their Systems which can include resolution of bugs, problems and incidents.
* Good work culture
* Hybrid or remote working where nescessary
* Budget for training and development.
* 33 days holiday (inclusive of public holidays)
* Employee discount scheme with Computer Share
* Analyse requirements, develop test plans, cases and scripts to test newly developed functionality or support fixes for systems and changes to operational systems; document the test cases and scripts and report on test success criteria.
* Assisting with any functional queries that may arise from business users following releases.
* Conduct User Acceptance Testing, Systems Testing, Performance Testing and other test phases appropriate to development.
* Creation of regression test packs and introduce risk-based testing for quicker delivery without comprising on quality.
* Develop and support the definition, management and execution of the systems test strategies and methodologies to be used to operate the tools and environments for the system testing.
* Interacting with clients to understand change requirements.
* Maintaining and creating product knowledge documentation for use within the development and support teams.
* Participating in design reviews and providing input on requirements, product design, and potential problems.
* Provide quality assurance of the systems being developed.
* Reporting defects accurately and managing through to successful resolution via Monday.com or Jira
* Reporting testing progress to programme/project manager communicating effectively and escalating where appropriate.
* Support the planning, management and delivery of Sprints and projects that have system test activities.
* Support the testing of support/problem fixes during the maintenance of operational systems.
* High quality systems that are fit for purpose and meet requirements of the customers without any bugs
* Programmes and projects activities delivered to time, budget and quality criteria
* Test activities accurately forecasted and accounted for
* Services standards and Key Performance Indicators are accurately measured and are met consistently
* ISTQB - Certified Tester Foundation Level (CTFL).
* Ability to react well to changing requirements with a positive attitude and under pressure and to tight deadlines
* Ability to work within a team and individually on own initiative.
* Commercial experience of preparing test documentation including test plans, test scripts, defect reports and progress updates.
* Commercial software testing experience which should include web and mobile testing within an Agile environment.
* High attention to detail with commitment to quality and thorough approach to work.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Proactive approach to own personal development.
* Proven experience of working with daily releases and high output of development work.
* Experience of creating Functional / Non-functional automated tests (Selenium / Appium/ Katalon).
* Experience of middle layer testing including the testing of API's (Insomnia / Postman / SoupUI / Rest Assured).
* Good working knowledge and experience of Jira and Monday.com.
* Knowledge of systems development methodologies especially Agile.
If this role sounds like its for you then please submit your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org