AWS Software Engineer | REMOTE | 6 Months+
Jeferson Frank are working with a leading Energy services client who have an amazing opportunity for an accomplished Software Engineer to join they're team. You will be reporting directly to the Head of Platform Energy, you will be a key member of a wider team which is made up of 10 squads, with circa 80 hands on Developers, mostly AWS and Salesforce.
Location: Flexible/remote, you can work in central London office or at home, there are people working all over the UK but also a range of office locations.
Why this client?
This client is simply a great place to work, as a team, they have a start-up mentality and are modernising at pace, your interactions internally will vary, you may have lunch with the MD or CIO one day and then spend some time in the contact centre talking to colleagues who speak directly to customers the next! As an organisation, they are passionate about diversity and inclusion and committed to their workforce also representing customers!
They are completely cloud based, you will be working with a range of AWS Services and related cloud skills and have access to a range of new and emerging tech.
What does your typical day look like?
Stand-up, in the early part of the day, then maybe break into smaller sessions, the rest of the day is spent developing solutions. They try to ensure developers are given time to focus without continual context switching. Squads are arranged along agile principles and follow the normal ceremonies.
Some of the more specific activities will include:
* Analyse, design, program, debug, and modify software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs.
* Using current programming language and technologies, write code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging of applications
* Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
* Interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications.
What impact will YOU the Software Engineer have on the business and its customers?
You will be making changes that will be visible to both customers and colleagues, improving processes and enabling the migration of millions of customers to a new cloud platform.
What's exciting activities are happening right now?
They are Migrating 7 million customers as well as modernising energy platforms to support NetZero. They are creating solutions that supports the dynamic nature of energy usage, as more EV is used, Heat pumps and Battery Storage.
Skills and Experience the ideal candidate will have?
The ideal candidate will posses the following, this will really help set them up for success in this role:
* Building or maintaining cloud-native applications.
* Experience with the core AWS services
* Strong notions of security best practices eg IAM Roles, KMS, encryption etc
* Appreciation of "supportability" of solutions built and monitoring their operational performance.
* Writing API's and integration with other system notably Salesforce.
* Previous exposure to scalable systems design.
* Previous experience with the serverless approaches using AWS Lambda. For example, the Serverless Application Model (AWS SAM).
* Experience with a range of AWS Services such as Glue, Lex, Connect, Congnito, SMS, S3 etc .
* Experience with CI/CD platforms and source code control.
* Knowledge of writing infrastructure as code (IaC) using appropriate technologies (eg. CloudFormation, Terraform, Scripting)
* Ability to produce automated unit testing and code coverage for any developments.
If you or someone you know may be interested in this position then please do not hesitate to get in touch immediately by applying alternatively sen you're most recent CV to C.firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch ASAP.