* Proven AWS design, implementation and support experience
* Excellent document production skills - design documents and architecture diagrams
* Ability to present work directly to clients
* Background in application development and experience in at least one high level programming language (ideally Java, Python or Node JS).
* Strong Agile experience.
* In depth knowledge in: AWS network services (AWS VPC, Subnetting, Security Groups, and Routing)
* o AWS core services (EC2, RDS, S3, and ElastiCache)
* o AWS serverless services (Lambda, API GW, SNS, SQS, and Dynamo DB)
* Ability to create high quality Cloud Formation or Teraform scripts, proven ability to use the AWS CL and GIT/SVN.
* Strong Unix and Bash knowledge.
* AWS Solution Architect, Associate Certification or at least 3 years' experience of AWS.
* AWS Solution Architect, Professional Certification and/or AWS Developer, Associate Certification
* Knowledge and understanding of the Well Architected Framework including the Serverless Lens
* Lead the design and implementation of Step Functions.
* Understanding or some exposure to Data Lakes and Data Engineering with knowledge of AWS data lake services (Glue, Glue Catelog, RedShift, Athena, Kinesis).
* Developed solutions using AWS SAM or the Serverless Framework and defined APIs in Swagger.
* Understanding of continuous integration and delivery, with implementation in AWS Code* or Jenkins.
* Skill and experience flexibility over a narrow but deep specialism
* Evidence of cross-vendor work as opposed to a candidate who wants to remain skilled in a single vendor's technologies
* Evidence of continual learning and attacking new domains
* Willingness to travel, on average 1 day per week
* Desire to interact closely with customers and build strong relationships
* 'Can Do' and 'Above and Beyond' attitude to work.
* Understanding and some exposure to Machine learning, AI and Data Science