The company is based in Helsinki (but will accommodate remote working) whose technology is a Cloud based subscription service for mobile games - part owned by Rovio.
They are currently looking to strengthen their in-house R&D team with a solid hands-on Backend Developer. This is a once-in-a-lifetime career opportunity to play a key role in shaping an industry-defining service. If you are a self-starter, used to working with multiple backend and infrastructure technologies with good teamwork skills then it would be an ideal fit.
Their tech stack/skill requirement is:
- Solid understanding of microservices architecture and distributed systems
● Experience in brainstorming, designing and implementing scalable services
● Hands-on experience in working with different kind of databases (e.g. MongoDB, Redis, Cassandra, etc)
● Experience in using Python for scripting and automation
● Experience in working with scalable distributed real-time data / event streaming services e.g. NSQ, Kafka and/or Kinesis
● Good understanding of best practices for Unit testing & Integration testing
● Excellent communication skills and ability to convey your thoughts to not only a variety of engineers (Client, Backend, Graphics, Infrastructure, Cloud Ops, etc) but also high-level and non-technical stakeholders.
Beneficial skills are:
● Knowledge of graph databases (e.g. neo4j, Neptune, etc)
● Ability to work on the frontend with modern frameworks (eg: Angular and/or React)
● A passion for gaming and games industry
Due to the nature of the position, only candidates from within Finland can be considered.
If this suits your skills and experience, please dont hesitate to get in contact via email@example.com