Director of Engineering - Fully Remote
Salary up to £85k
Looking for a unique opportunity to help establish an Engineering organisation with the oversight to design, implement, and lead a group responsible for delivering on growth and industry-changing strategic objectives?
As Director of Engineering, you'll work closely with the leadership team to build a world-class engineering group. You'll be a "player-coach," focused on attracting and developing engineering talent, but also staying hands-on in the technology to oversee the development of an outstanding product and customer experience.
The successful candidate will be a seasoned technology executive able to lead engineering teams delivering solutions in a dynamic and fast-paced environment. You'll have a proven track record building platforms and scaling engineering organisations while executing critical programs.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Hire, mentor, develop, and retain top-notch engineering talent.
* Create effective full-stack software development teams focused on the nimble delivery of value for our customers.
* Inspired by industry best practices and sound principals, drive constant innovation through Architecture, Database, Engineering, and DevOps teams.
* Collaborate closely with the executive team as well as cross-functional teams to deliver great products and solve customer problems as needed.
* Maintain and improve agile processes collaboratively with the teams, and enable new development techniques or methods to reduce complexity, promote quality, and increase velocity.
* Drive efficiency in your teams by eliminating blocks and focusing efforts on tooling, continuous integration/delivery, and maintainable automation testing.
* Foster a culture of operational excellence in your teams through real-time monitoring and alerting.
* An interest in making an impact on the way money moves between people globally.
* 5+ years of experience in software development management.
* 1+ years as a Director of Engineering or above whose span of control is at or above 10 engineers.
* A strong background in object-oriented programming in a language such as Java, C#, Objective-C or C++.
* Hands on experience resolving performance and scalability issues of SaaS-based applications.
* Experience with designing, building, and deploying secure, scalable services in the SaaS environments.
* Strong fluency in Agile software practices.
* Tolerant of high degrees of ambiguity, and good at resolving uncertainty and setting direction. Willing to backtrack, seek multiple solutions, and experiment to validate approaches.
* Contributed to the establishment of Software Configuration Management practices.
* Establishment and management of DevOps teams.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0191 814 7785 for more information.