Experienced Node.js Developer
Online event-management platform for blockchain
Permanent Contract - 7000€/month or Freelance Contract - 350€/day
The ideal candidates should be able to lead a feature from design to end-user. We are looking for strong developers that don't need to be given detailed instructions on how to design a feature but, instead, have the technical knowledge and experience to do so with just global direction. We are not looking for people that execute instructions but people that challenge decisions and know what they are doing. A strong developer that is a good team player, independent, who can reason about what a good feature implementation is and what not. There is the ability, in the future, to setup and lead your own team if that ambition is there!
Role & Responsibilities
The company is building infrastructure that seamlessly bridges web2 & web3 capabilities into one platform. Creators and brands can make there lemonade stands that support NFT / token enabled:
- Event ticketing
- Social games
- Community management
- Data ownership
The product is a multi chain social NFT platform with top tier investors, and closed partnerships with leading global brands and blockchains. Part of your role will be to:
* Build scalable and efficient Web2 & Web3 solutions
* Build new business features
* Evaluate and employ open-source software
* Evaluate quality attributes like security, high-availability, scalability, redundancy, failover, performance, etc.
* Write informal technical documentation for your own work - enabling frontend teams
Optionally, build new smart contracts, manage infrastructure, cloud environments, and build and deployment pipelines.
We're looking for someone with proven experience (4+ years) Backend development in TypeScript with Node.js.
In essence, being very strong in backend development, creating GraphQL APIs, new endpoints with business logic, use different databases and know when to use which for what purpose, know when to apply a message queue or pubsub mechanism, know how to split a more complex system into different microservices, etc. Experience with our stack of:
* Typescript/Node.js, GraphQL, Docker, MongoDB, Postgres, Redi
* AWS and basic networking - Not a hard requirement! Some cloud experience and networking will further help you to support your core tasks / development. So think about knowing what DNS is used for, know how the HTTP protocol works in order to build efficient APIs, know how a proxy / load balancer works just to have a basic understanding of the deployment, essentially, know what is happening when you access one of the APIs you create.
* Strong engineering fundamentals
* Understanding of architecture, networking, and databases
* You're fluent in English.
* Eager, curious, fast learner
* Independent, leader, team player
* Interest in crypto and decentralization
* Strong analytical and creative problem solving skills with a "get it done" mentality
Company & Product
They are raising their own cryptocurrency which will be used to drive the platform. Certain features are gonna require users to stake the company's token and tokens will be rewarded to use the platform. They have an NFT marketplace allowing creators to mint and list their NFTs directly from the platform. Not only that, they have a complete eco-system allowing them not just to sell their NFT, but also to maintain their community and manage their events such that these creators can curate and incentivize their communities to purchase those NFTs. Creators can import their communities directly from external integrations into the platform. So it is more than a dumb listing place. As an example, currently, a creator would list his NFT on A, his products at B, his streaming at C (Twitch/YouTube), his tickets at D, requiring them to use multiple platforms. This company tries to bring everything in a single platform. Furthermore, they help creators create their POAP token, meaning the guests of your experience can mint a free token indicating they attended your event. This way you have for example your own exclusive club and you can give benefits to the holders of this token. Furthermore, they will create a protocol, which is gonna be used to bridge the online web3 space with the offline world (we cannot say more about it right now), and will not only be used by users directly but also be offered as a service to other companies. Since from origin they are an offline-first platform working with events, they are gonna represent every event ticket by an NFT, thereby, representing the ownership and ticket holder on the blockchain. They will allow creators to raise their own social token backed by our own token which they can use in their own community, require/reward guests this social token when participating in the events hosted by the creator.
The company is physically located in The Netherlands and the Founders are open to hire experienced developers from anywhere in Europe and other continents. In addition to the salary, the possibility of receiving Equity is also on the table. Reach out to Pavlos Diamantopoulos at firstname.lastname@example.org with your updated CV and let's start the process!