my clint are a small company friendly company based just outside of Leeds. Now is an exciting time as there are plans to introduce up to 3 new developers before the year is at an end.
my client specialise in bespoke web development, and have a reputation for quality, value and support, which has kept their larger clients returning for more and more work. That's why they need you - to help with the increasing workload, and maintain our reputation.
They have a friendly approachable team spirit, and the weekly team meetings help us share knowledge and experience. It is important to keep up to date with your skills, and we would always encourage an interest in self-development.
My client are currently engaged in a rewrite of one of our flagship systems that was first designed nearly ten years ago. This system has been instrumental in helping their client grow to over 100 employees in six years. Amongst their numerous systems related awards, they are on the Sunday Times Tech Track 100 list. The existing system works well, but is now somewhat dated, and to coincide with further expansion plans, we are redeveloping the architecture and systems. Planning is already underway, so this is an opportunity to get in at the start with the Laravel and Svelte/VueJS redevelopment.
We require you to work in our office just north of Leeds, and there may be some flexibility over your hours of work. Our modern office is right next to the railway station and with onsite parking. We dress casually in the office except when meeting clients, and welcome you to do the same.
Subsequent to any probation period you would be entitled to join the company's private health care scheme, and be eligible for various other company benefits.
Due to the nature of some of the clients we work with, you will be required to enter into a non-disclosure agreement immediately upon starting work, and undergo identity and criminal checks, including providing references.
· Strong recent experience of Laravel
· Good experience of Svelte and/or VueJS
· Proficient in PHP - Procedural and OO
· Competent with MySQL, and experience of large datasets
· Confident with building and consuming Rest APIs
· Understand and use Secure by Design practices
· Able to code to PSR-12 standards
· Good written and verbal communication skills and good standard of English
· Good attention to detail, able to produce accurate work
· Proven abilities with responsive front-end web technologies
· Comfortable working both autonomously and as part of a team
· Have a demonstrable passion for programming and web development
· Have a desire to keep up to date with technology changes
· Experience with GIT, Vagrant, PHPunit and Selenium (or similar tools)
· Knowledge of cloud technologies, especially AWS
Each member of our team brings their own qualities to the company. Make sure you highlight your strengths and aspirations!
The successful candidate will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining applications for our clients. You may be required to work with clients to determine the best solution, taking time and budgets into consideration.
Your work will be neat and well documented, whilst being efficient and accurate. You will also undertake peer code reviews from time to time.
· Up to £45k DOE
· flexible working
· modern office with free parking and next to train station;
· private health insurance; pension;
· various staff schemes including cycle, IT equipment purchases etc.;
· perkbox freebies and discounts
· occasional staff outings
· a great working environment and colleagues;