Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
The SSE is responsible for the design and development of backend, service, and portal systems that reside on our payment processing platforms. As part of a dynamic and exciting development centre, the SSE will engage with a variety of languages, frameworks, libraries, and services, while utilising state-of-the-art software techniques, including BDD, and CI/CD.
The role is responsible for working in a variety of different situations and types of projects, ranging from a team of one to a team of many. Our working environment empowers software engineers and lets them focus on the technical challenges of solving problems, rather than dealing with bureaucracy or inefficient processes.
Duties + Responsibilities
* Improve the software development process, methodologies, and tools through applied experience, automation, and simplification.
* Collaborate with team members to ensure that deliverables are technically accurate and useful on time - we build quality into all stages of the software lifecycle, with a focus on end-user observable (and testable) system behaviours.
* Identify critical activities & tasks on projects, help with estimation and planning, ensure timely and accurate communication of status, resolution of issues, and contribute beyond assigned tasks - adjusting priorities when appropriate.
* Assist with software deployment activities to internal test environments and our production data centre - the team is responsible for Requirements Analysis through to Release.
* 5+ years in a Software Engineering position.
* Experience in server-side product development.
* Expertise in at least one OO language (e.g. Java, C#, Ruby, Go).
* Experience with Design Patterns, Refactoring, OO Design, and related areas.
* Excels at grasping existing code and identifying opportunities to improve and to integrate with existing code.
* Effective and comfortable working with high-level management.