Junior Data Engineer
£40,000 - £60,000 DOE
Remote with occasional (quarterly) travel
My client are one of the biggest names in technology and modern cloud consulting, they boast a world class data and analytics centre and are looking to add to their team. They provide a wide range of cutting edge data and analytics solutions to the Public Sector to revolutionise the UK Government's data platform and maximise insight, accesibility, revenues, reduce fraud etc - they key lifeblood of the Public Sector.
You will work in an Agile team collaborating closely with Architects, Product Managers and Solution Architects.
* ETL skills ideally using PL/SQL, Talend, Pentaho, IICS, Powercenter other tools considered.
* Ideally a database background in Oracle, but other RDS experience considered.
* Programming skills in any of PL/SQL, SQL, Unix, Java, Python, Hive, HiveQL, HDFS, Impala
* Must be eligible for Security Clearance
* You will be working in an agile delivery team within an agile scrum framework.
* Work across various software engineering principles including requirements gathering, analysis, design, coding, development, testing, implementation and support.
* Contribute to various teams providing ideas and innovation/process recommendations, help mentor other team members, strong information sharing culture.
* Client and stakeholder engagement
* Annual training budget, book in training time during working hours.
* Learn new technologies, certs/training directly with vendors (e.g AWS, SAS..)
* Internal technology university to obtain qualifications
* Excellent pension
* Flexibility around working from home
Please do not apply if you are not SC Clearance eligbile.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organizations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organizations globally.