Senior Ruby on Rails Engineer
This company is seeking an advanced full stack Ruby on Rails developer with outstanding communication skills. You will support them by spearheading the implementation and design of features and change proof of concept into applications for their clients.
* Agile / Rapid-prototyping development process.
* Ability to discuss, explain, and ingest system features.
* Ability to create technical plans and architecture
* Expert in cross-team communications and collaboration
* An undending drive to fix issues
* Advanced skills with relational databases (MySQL/TSQL/Aurora/Postgres).
* Experience in debugging an existing Rails codebase, installing Gems, and troubleshooting.
* Full understanding of core ROR concepts: Active Record, Controllers, Templates.
* Coordinate with team members who work on different layers of infrastructure.
* In-depth knowledge of Object-Oriented design patterns and programming.
* TDD everything you do (we use Rspec, Cucumber, Capybara)
Nice To Haves
* Experience using Docker, Nginx.
* Experienced using Front-End frameworks like Angular, React etc.
* Experience with multi-tenant architecture applications.
* Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, RDS, S3, SQS, SES, Cloudfront)
* Agile processes/techniques such as Scrum and XP
* Preferably New York based
* Healthcare with Dental
* 401k with company match after one year
* Paid time-off