Group Technology & Customer Solutions (GTCS) comprises of Group IT & Procurement, Group Change, Enterprise Portfolio Office, Enterprise Architecture & Technology Simplification, Group Payments & Business Continuity Management, Group Data & Analytics Office, Group Information Security, GTCS Risk & Compliance.
We are an equal opportunities employer and is committed to fostering an inclusive workplace which values and benefits from the diversity of our workforce.
Description of business unit
The Solution Design function is a team of highly-skilled technical professionals working across a range of technologies. Our vision isto develop a best-in-class practice that is highly skilled at solution, application and data architecture, that is strategically focused and that provides design assurance and thought leadership to our customers.
Purpose of the Role
The Lead Data Engineer will ensure that technical development processes, standards, governance and tooling are appropriate and effective for Enterprise Data Warehouse and/or Data Lake, and that the quality of the solutions delivered into operational support are fit for purpose.
You will be responsible for the technical leadership and mentoring of data engineers, ensuring that incoming change is `engineering ready`.
As a Lead Engineer you will derive value from innovative delivery solutions, and will be accountable for demonstrating and role modelling the Group values and behaviours through your technical leadership, and the way in which you deliver business goals.
In this Role, you will
* Identifying, analysing, designing and delivering data flows within Enterprise Data Lake and/or Data Warehouse both on-prem & Cloud
* Ability to take the lead on drive large pieces of development
* Providing technical direction and leadership to engineering squads
* Engagement with Senior partners from across the bank
* Work with internal resource management and external delivery partners to ensure the right capability is in place within the teams
* Identifying, developing proposals and managing the execution of initiatives to automate, simplify and scale services
* Contributing to the continual improvement of data engineering, test capabilities and the business`s data platforms
What is the opportunity
What is the opportunity
3rd level degree in similar discipline or equivalent experience
Essential Skills & Experience
What will make you stand out?
We are looking for someone with enthusiasm and a growth mentality who prioritises collaboration with others. You are proactive to achieve the necessary outcome while improving processes, people and tooling along the way!
You have a proven track record as Lead Engineer in the Data Lake OR Data warehouse domain. You have deep technical knowledge of Data Lake, Data warehouse, Cloud Technologies and Architecture, preferably AWS.
Experience with the following is necessary to apply for this role:
* Strong Software development using (SQL, Python, ETL tooling e.g. Informatica and related tools and frameworks
* Experience and Proficiency in (SQL, Informatica) and/or Python, Scala, Spark, PySpark
* Data Ops/ Scrum / Kanban and SAFe delivery experience