Are you a Backend engineer with strong Python development experience? If so, this is the job for you!
Computer vision and machine learning power our industry-leading augmented reality virtual try-on, facial analysis, and frame recommendation engine. My client license this technology platform to eyewear retailers who embed it into their web, mobile, and in-store experiences to fundamentally shift how they sell eyewear. They have a great foundation. Their technology is being used by over 10M users a month around the world, and we have strong partnerships with some of the world's top eyewear retailers.
My client looking for a Senior Software Engineer to scale the virtual try-on SaaS platform. This includes design and architecture to improve throughput, efficiencies, and fidelity of our computer vision and rendering pipeline. The ideal candidate is experienced in web service architecture and has an interest in computer vision and rendering. You will be a member of a highly-motivated team. This role will develop, enhance, and sustain innovative solutions to improve the customer experience. You will implement complex software in accordance with project requirements, technical designs, and industry best practices. You will also review designs and participate in meaningful collaboration sessions on how to solve client problems and participate in determining the scope for new projects.
What you'll do:
* Develop highly innovative consumer-facing API's and services
* Contribute to the development and maintenance of code in a collaborative and inclusive environment
* Design and architect new software services as needed in support of our growing business
* Work with Engineering Managers and Product Owners to prioritize work within an agile development methodology
* Leverage your knowledge of Linux based services to improve our core technology
* Translate requirements into designs and well-engineered code backed by automated tests
* Collaborate with and mentor team members
* BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field
* 6+ years back end software development experience with Python
* Extensive experience with Python, Django, Flask, Linux, and AWS
* Strong analytical thinker with experience in best practices and patterns
* Solid grasp of internet fundamentals from networks protocols, to queuing, to load balancing
* Ability to communicate technical requirements both verbal and written
* Prior experience designing and implementing scalable distributed systems
* Understanding of computer hardware systems from a programmer's perspective
* Track record of leading and mentoring team members
* Background in databases and version control for large binary files a plus
* Experience with C/C++, OpenCV, dlib, Tensorflow, Opengl, and glsl a plus
* Familiarity with computer vision, augmented reality, and rendering systems a plus
My client is a venture-backed technology company based in the Bay Area with 50 wonderful full-time employees. They provide a unique opportunity to work alongside a talented team of software engineers, business leaders, creatives, physicists and researchers to bring state of the art computer vision/machine learning technologies to market at scale.
They value citizenship where each teammate is committed to doing their part for the greater good while showing care and respect for each other. They love passionate people with a zest for life and a positive attitude. They have high expectations for hard-work and give a lot of flexibility to take time for the other things that are important to you.
They have all the perks you would expect from a great start-up: competitive salary, meaningful equity as an early employee, medical, dental, unlimited PTO, a 401K, and a flexible work from home policy. They care a lot about doing the little things well and also offer endless snacks, Philz coffee, and fun monthly team events ranging from trips to Napa, hiking Angel Island, an afternoon at MOMA to arcade game competitions.
Interested in learning more? Apply today or contact firstname.lastname@example.org