Systems Engineer (Lambda & Python) - Bromley - 65K
My client is a huge organisation operating in the insurance space.
They are looking for ambitious and hard working Systems Engineer with a DevOps mentality to join an organisation that is constantly changing and moving. The company is at the beginning of a very exciting digital transformation journey including the redesign of their cloud based infrastructure.
Employee centricity is at the heart of everything they do and they are committed to the development of their team members to build a spectacular working environment.
Role & Responsibilities
This opportunity gives you the chance to be involved in the rescue industry and to work with some of the best in the industry. You will also have the opportunity to learn and grow whilst helping them deliver a technology transformation project.
You will be working as part of a Scrum team aimed at delivering tangible results fast.
* Systems Engineering (implementation) capability (Hosting infrastructure, Networking, Security Technologies and Secure Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC), Engineering Tools, Analytics etc.).
* Commercial use of AWS services, Cloud Formation, Load Balancer, Auto Scaling,
* Working with CI/CD Pipelines using AWS Code Pipeline, Code Deploy, Jenkins, Lambda, Docker & Containerisation using AWS Fargate and Infrastructure as a Code
* Integration of code quality and security tools in code pipelines to improve and identify security issues
* Carry out system reviews to ensure accordance with architectural principles set out by and agreed within the team.
* Work with third parties to resolve infrastructure issues in existence and proactively engage with vendors to ensure continued availability of systems for which the team is responsible.
* Ensure that tasks which can be automated are automated to drive down cost and improve agility.
* Familiar with AWS Lambda
* Very experienced with Bitbucket, GitHub, Jira, Confluence and Git
* Knowledge about developing code in Python, Bash scripting and familiarity with standard code libraries
* Experience in using Docker and Kubernetes
* Excellent communication skills
What you'll get in return:
* 9% pension contribution
* Flexible working
* Private Health Care
* Generous holiday allowance
* 50% off home, pet and motor insurance
* Access to loads of learning opportunities, events and conferences to build your industry knowledge.
If this sounds like you, I'd love to have a chat and discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail. You can call me directly on 0203 879 8393 or drop and email on email@example.com
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best AWS professionals on the planet. Backed by private equity firm TPG Growth, we have a proven track record servicing the AWS permanent and contract recruitment market and, to date, have worked with over 30,000 organisations globally from our offices in North America, Europe, and Asia-Pacific