Project type - Data Transformation
Role - User Researcher for Data Services / UX Data
Contract Length - 6 months (with the view to extend)
Location - Remote
The Data Transformation programme is delivering a new capability/organisation within the end client that will deliver 'provider data products' for consuming data services within Data and Analytics. The programme is delivering real data products, but also standing up to the new organisation and the underlying cloud technology. The data products are delivered by an agile delivery team. This team is looking for a 'user researcher' for data services to join the team.
The User Researcher will be a member of a 10 person agile team that consists of an agile delivery manager, a product owner, an architect and engineers.
The client's definition of the User Researcher role will be more specific and focus on the data products that are being delivered from a user perspective. Key activities/responsibilities will include:
* User research working with the user communities that will consume the products and services to better understand what problems they are trying to solve and how the client can improve the usability of data products and services. This includes drafting a research plan, data collection, data analysis and presentation of insights.
* Performing internal usability testing of the data products and services
* Planning and managing usability testing as part of UAT with a small number of users of the data products and capturing user feedback and insight
* Defining and refining requirements and user stories for the data product backlog, again with a focus on usability and value-add, where relevant
* Data management: Catalogue data to make this discoverable. Report on data quality and manage data quality with data source owners. Model data for reuse across D&A.
* Providing the delivery team with user insight and analytical support
* Stakeholder management support for the Agile Delivery Manager
The User Researcher is somebody with 10+ years of experience in user research and 5+ years of experience in data products and services. Potentially this person has a data analysis background
* User experience research for data products and services: planning, methodology, execution
* User-centred analysis (DDaT)
* Strategic Insight (DDaT)
* Data product design principles
* A good understanding of the design of cloud-based solutions for data
* Understanding and use of appropriate patterns & software for Data Products
* User-centred agile & design practices (DDaT)
* Data Catalogue (Business Glossary Data Catalogue)
* UAT and usability testing
* Communicating & Influencing