The Public Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will be instrumental in implementing the architecture and the engineering processes and best practices to enable the foundational infrastructure (compute, network, storage, observability) required for application hosting in public cloud. This role is responsible for all infrastructure segments from hardware selection, operating systems and virtualization layers to cloud management tooling, monitoring, and orchestration. The ideal candidate has experience in professional software development, designing and creating highly available cloud systems, and has the ability to implement cloud strategy. The role requires a talented technologist with experience engaging with application developers throughout the full development life-cycle - from inception and design to deployment, operation, and iterative development.
* Provide foundational infrastructure for public cloud (compute, storage, network)
* Deliver the tooling and capabilities needed to enable our cloud first strategy
* Provide developer-friendly cloud onboarding, account creation and management for supported cloud providers
* Provide cloud network services to enable a fast and resilient hybrid cloud with built in security capabilities
* Develop, cascade and enforce engineering best practices using modern SDLC that enables CI/CD and favors automation, auditability, automated testing, infrastructure and policy as code
* Provide technical leadership in the design of highly complex cloud systems
* Develop and advocate for new cloud native solutions to undefined system needs, where no solution is available within the technical community
* Hands on experience developing and engineering software and consumer facing applications
* Suggest methods and new technologies for increasing the effectiveness of changes and of general production support improvements
* Experience working with relational/NoSQL databases
* Experience working in a distributed, cloud-based environment using Azure/AWS/GCP (Docker/Kubernetes)
* Experience in developing software using languages such as Java, Python, C++ or Ruby.
* Experience with Service Oriented Architecture applications and cloud-based services, preferably AWS.
* Experience working with Linux/UNIX, Docker
* AWS or GCP Certifications
* Experience working with any design frameworks
* Experience with mobile web development
* Developer level operations proficiency - ability to set up a machine, knowledge of networking, familiarity with load balancers, hypervisors, CDNs, etc