Engineering Manager - Integration Description
This company is seeking its first hands-on Integrations Engineering Manager. At some point, you discovered you love code that glues systems together but you are amazing at collaborating and leading, seeing the big picture and juggling priorities, helping your teammates deliver. You'll have impact from Day 1 for the company's key strategic initiative while managing people and software process around Integrations while reporting to the VPE. In the mid-term, the successful candidate could take on management of all of Backend engineering.
What you'll do:
* Collaborate with peer Product Manager to ensure seamless delivery
* Deliver efficacy in Scrum ceremonies and processes, ensuring Integration initiatives fit holistically within Engineering
* Support non-technical stakeholders including CSMs around incidents & prioritization, also in off-hours
* Help breakdown User Stories into engineering tasks, identifying dependencies
* Contribute to the recruiting, hiring, and retention of great engineers
* Jump in and code when necessary to support shipping, better architecture, etc.
* Improve Release Management
What you'll bring:
* 2+ years managing small, remote, Scrum-flavored Backend/Integration teams (3-5 ppl)
* 3+ years as Backend/Integration Engineer using Node.js/Express or Rails/Django/similar
* Abilities with functional/Serverless computing (e.g. AWS Lambda)
* Great verbal and written communication as well as collaboration skills
* POVs on conducting great 1:1s and performance reviews
* Demonstrated ability in being the point person to own the team's results
* Dealing well with ambiguity via grit/resilience/GTD gained through previous startup work
* Experience with ClickUp and/or Jira
* 80%+ Pacific time-zone overlap
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or Engineering or equivalent work experience
Nice to haves:
* Previous experience as a full-stack engineer and/or Tech Lead
* Experience building/delivering RESTful APIs
* A penchant for documentation and continuous improvement
* Gravitas : with Engineers and other stakeholders
* Experience/POV on Kanban
* Familiarity with OKRs
* Spanish skills
* Passion for the EdTech space!
What you can expect from us:
* Competitive salary & stock options
* Company-wide bonus program for all non-sales employees.
* Competitive benefits including: Medical, Dental and Vision.
* Flexible work schedules and a remote-first team.
* Unlimited PTO
If you are interested in applying for this role or want to find out more information please get in touch with myself via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or via mobile on (303) 558-4339, or apply via the apply link attached to this advert.
Jefferson Frank is the Amazon Web Services (AWS) recruiter of choice. We work with organisations worldwide to find and deliver the best permanent and contract AWS DevOps, Big Data, IaaS and PaaS, and AWS Security professionals on the planet. For more information, visit jeffersonfrank.com.