The Job on Offer
In Digital Experience we specialize in navigating our clients through the complexities of large-scale, technology-driven transformation programms, using our skills to drive outstanding delivery. Having the right people using the right methodology and following the right process gives every client the right result.
The Platform Engineering capability within Digital is a growing team of people dedicated to ensuring that the technologies selected and the way that they are implemented meet the business objectives of our clients. There are several disciplines within the Digital Experience team: delivery, business, integration and digital architects and technical managers, and many of our people can perform in more than one of these roles. These roles are available at varying levels of seniority and the level you join the team is defined through the recruitment process.
The role of our Platform Engineers is to focus on delivering highly available, scalable enterprise solutions on IAAS/PAAS platforms as part
of dedicated or cross-function teams to engineer modern solutions based on business goals with varying levels of a DevOps maturity.
Whether its building a Kubernetes cluster, configuring a logs analytics platform or deploying an highly available web service you will be
able to draw on the huge body of knowledge to lead outstanding results for your client, and to further your own personal
* Actively working with our clients on their journey into digital transformation. Including IaaS, PaaS, SaaS solution implementations, transforming their business by delivering solutions and methodologies following best practice.
* Implementation and maintenance of platforms and services based on the business requirements, constraints and strategies. You will be expected to contribute to documentation and standards for delivery of business functionality, infrastructure and system components.
* Applying technical innovation with contribution towards internal projects and client bids in order to win new business. Contribute towards the business units strategy directly through your own personal growth, alongside coaching and mentoring of our junior talent.
We are looking for engineers which have this ability along with a combination of skills and business experience in relevant tools and
technology which are aligned with the our domain space and are open to candidates of all technical backgrounds looking to crossover into
the platform engineering space (infrastructure, development, testing, operations and support).
* Experience debugging a complex, multi-server service in a high availability production environment.
* Experience of commodity cloud providers such as AWS, Azure or Google Cloud (Production environments).
* Continuous Integration systems such Jenkins, Concourse, Drone & Bamboo, GitHub Actions.
* Configuration Management tooling (Ansible/Puppet/Chef/Salt) Good understanding of the HashiCorp Suite (Packer, Terraform, Vault, Vagrant, Consul)
* Containerisation - Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm, OpenShift. Testing, setup and configuration of monitoring/alerting tooling (OpsView, Nagios, ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix) Scripting and or Programming skills using languages such as Ruby, Python, Go and Java. Familiarity with the core system and/or database administration skills.
* Experience working in multidisciplinary agile teams with software engineering goals. Backend Infrastructure knowledge including switching, routing, VPN's, Load balancing (Software/hardware), CDN. Security knowledge including PKI, Firewalls (Software/hardware), IPS/IDS, Antivirus, SIEM, IDaM, DDOS, SSL, HTTPS
Why We Are Unique
We don't just believe in Diversity & Inclusion, we actively go out to making it a working reality. Driven by our core values and Active Inclusion Campaign, we build environments where you can bring you whole self to work.
We aim to build an environment where employees can enjoy a positive work-life balance. Through our New Normal campaign, we are looking to embed hybrid working in all that we do and make flexible working arrangements the day-to-day reality for our people. All UK employees are eligible to request flexible working arrangements.
Get the future you want
Growing clients' businesses while building a more sustainable, more inclusive future is a tough ask. But when you join us, you join a thriving company and become part of a diverse collective of free-thinkers, entrepreneurs and industry experts. A powerful source of energy that drives us all to find new ways technology can help us reimagine what's possible. It's why, together, we seek out opportunities that will transform the world's leading businesses. And it's how you'll gain the experiences and connections you need to shape your future. By learning from each other every day, sharing knowledge and always pushing yourself to do better, you'll build the skills you want. And you'll use them to help our clients leverage technology to grow their business and give innovation that human touch the world needs. So, it might not always be easy, but making the world a better place rarely is. Get The Future You Want.
We are a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of over 340,000 team members in more than 50 countries. With its strong 55-year heritage and deep industry expertise, we are trusted by our clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2021 global revenues of €18 billion.