Data Engineer - AWS/Python - Kent - Up to £75,000
A leading organisation are looking for highly skilled Data Engineers to join them work in an agile environment, on a new green field project. You'll be guiding the design and development of their new data and analytics platform, hosted on AWS cloud. This project has a data-ops feel with the use of some CI/CD and dev-ops tools.
You will be working alongside data engineers, analysts and other software professionals. This company encourage employees to develop and progress, giving access to training, online courses and building relationships in a supportive working culture. This role will give you the opportunity to work on a start-up mentality project, with the security of an financially stable organisation.
This is a salaried position paying up to £75,000. You will start the role working remotely due to the current circumstances, however you will be office based thereafter with an option of flexible working hours. This role is based in Bromley, with a direct link that takes roughly 20 minutes from London Victoria station.
Role & Responsibilities:
- Designing & developing a new analytical platform hosted on AWS.
- Building and maintaining data pipelines & supporting ETL.
- Storing high scale data on a mixture of SQL and No SQL databases.
- Liaising with stakeholders to solve business problems.
- Working in a fast paced culture, using knowledge and experience to move the project forward.
- Solid experience working with a cloud platform AWS/GCP/Azure
- Strong coding experience building pipelines (Python preferred)
- Confident with ETL tools and processes
- Understanding of SQL and No SQL database development
- Applicants to come from a Data Engineering/Development background
- Strong communication skills and expert stakeholder facing ability
- Flexible working opportunities
- Access to online training courses
- 9% pension contribution
- Industry related discounts
- Work/life balance
This is a great opportunity for Data Engineers to join a leading organisation that can provide further exposure to new and exciting technologies as well as training and development for your own benefit. If you have strong Azure/GCP experience, this role will enable you to gain strong AWS experience too.
Get in touch ASAP if you are interested in this position, my client is interviewing this week and next via telephone!
My contact details are:
Telephone: 0191 814 1425
Linked In: www.linkedin.com/in/kylie-watson-b560b6a5
Jefferson Frank are the UK's leading AWS, Data and Analytics recruiter, offering more opportunities across the UK than any other. We're also the proud sponsor and supporter of SQLBits, Power Platform World Tour, the London Power BI User Group, Newcastle Power BI User Group and Newcastle Data Platform and Cloud User Group.